Some of the links below are PDF files, and may require Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader (download here) to view or print. If you need help with PDF files, visit http://www.maine.gov/portal/help/adobe_support.html. If you need an alternate format, please contact Melissa Macaluso.
- Eligibility criteria for Maine students who want to start lobstering (effective April 5, 2016)
- Lobster limited entry brochure, August 2017- pdf file, 2 pages
- Apprentice program brochure, August 2017- pdf file, 2 pages
- Apprentice log sheet - pdf file, 24 kb or
Apprentice log sheet - MS Excel file, 39 kb - requires software than can open a MS Excel file
- Log sheet submission deadline info (within 30 days of 250th hour) - pdf file, 32 kb
- Zone Waiting Lists - last updated July 21, 2022
Maine Lobster Island Limited Entry Program
Effective September 12, 2009, a law was enacted to protect the long-term viability of island lobster fishing communities. This law allows year-round island communities to petition the Commissioner for the establishment of an island limited entry program in order to maintain a number of lobster licenses appropriate for the needs of their island community and the local lobster resource.
For more information on the Island Limited Entry Program and participating islands please see the Department of Marine Resources Regulations and scroll down to Chapter 25.
If you are interested in getting on the wait list for a participating island, please contact Lorraine Morris.