Maine Marine Dealer and Harvester Licenses, and Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry
The Maine Department of Marine Resources' online licensing and landings system, called LEEDS (Licensing Enforcement and Environmental Data System) is now available. In order to apply for a new license or renew a license with the system, you first need to create a login for LEEDS
ALREADY HAVE A LOGIN?
After you have created a login, go to LEEDS here (www.maine.gov/dmrleeds)
Instructions on how to update your contact information in LEEDS here (PDF, 3 pages)
A video showing you how to update your contact information in LEEDS here
If you have never logged into LEEDS before, create your LEEDS login here.
If you are renewing your license online, this system will provide you with many options, including:
- Renew a license
- Apply for a new license you've never held before
- Order tags (for certain licenses)
- Reprint your license
- Upgrade a license (if applicable)
- Pay administrative fees
- Report landings (coming soon)
- Upload documents to the department
- Change your password to the system
If you have had licenses with the Department, you already have a Landings Number. Please be sure that once you create your login, that your landings number has not changed. If your landings number is different once you create your login, please contact the Licensing Division before moving forward in the system. Also, if your SS # is not correct in our system, or the FEIN # has changed, you will not be able to renew your licenses under the "NEW" landings number, and will need to contact Licensing to correct/update in order to proceed.
For assistance with LEEDS, call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550, Option 2.
Below are lists of applications and forms that may be printed out and submitted to the Department for processing. Form instructions, fees, and where to mail them are usually on the second page of each form. PDF files require Adobe Acrobat or free Adobe Reader software (download here), version 6 or higher. Please print these files using the reader software print icon, not your browser print icon. If you need an alternate format, please call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550, Option 2.
2023 Dealer License Forms
2023 Commercial Harvester License Forms
- Commercial Lobster Harvesters:
- 2023 Lobster & Crab Harvesting Class I,II, or III License Application, pdf file 220 kb
- 2023 Apprentice or Student Lobster and Crab Harvesting License Application, pdf file 233 KB
- 2023 Island Limited Entry Lobster and Crab License Application, pdf file 227 KB
- 2023 Non-resident Lobster & Crab License Application, pdf file, 216 KB
- 2023 Non-resident Lobster & Crab Landing Permit, pdf file 255 KB
- Other Commercial Harvesters:
2023 Non-Commercial/Recreational License Forms
- 2023 Non-Commercial Scallop License Application for Disabled Veterans, pdf file 279 KB
- 2023 Non-Commercial Lobster and Crab License Application for Disabled Veterans, pdf file 291 KB
- 2023 Non-Commercial Menhaden License Application, pdf file 220 KB
- 2023 Non-Commercial Scallop, Lobster and Demonstration License Application, pdf file 289 KB
- 2023 Saltwater Recreational Fishing Operator Application, pdf file 212 KB
- 2023 Saltwater Fishing Registry Application, pdf file 239 KB
2022 Dealer License Forms
- 2022 Retail-Wholesale Dealer License Application With No Lobster, pdf file 293 KB
- 2022 Retail-Wholesale Dealer License Application With Lobster, pdf file 309 KB
- 2022 Elver Exporter License Application, pdf file 169 KB
2022 Other Commercial Harvester License Forms
- Lobster Trap Tag Order Form, pdf file, pdf file, 101 KB
- 2022 Lobster Trap Tag Replacement Certification and Order Form, pdf file, 168 KB
- Elver Replacement Tag Form, pdf file, 81 KB
- Request Forms for Elver License Holders Regarding Temporary Medical Transfer of Elver Quota, pdf file, 130 kb
- Health Certificates and Catch Documents for Exporting Seafood to the European Union (EU), c/o NOAA
- Safety Training Requirements and Course Materials for Sea Urchin and Scallop Divers and Tenders
- Lobster and Crab
- Online Noncommercial & Demonstration Lobster/Crab License Exam
- A Guide to Lobstering in Maine, pdf file, 1 MB
- Lobster Fishing Apprentice Log, pdf file, 163 kb
- Certificate of Owner/Operator, pdf file, 63 kb
- Swans Island Conservation Area Application for Certificate of Registration, pdf file, 58kb
- Monhegan Conservation Area Registration, pdf file, 118 kb
- Looking for support for your start up or existing business? Visit the Department of Economic and Community Development's Office of Business Development.
- To request data from our harvester or dealer license database, please follow the links below and complete the forms. For more information about the types of licenses we issue, review the lists above. Note that some license-holders do not actively fish or buy/sell, and their status (active or inactive) is confidential.
Harvester and Dealer Data Request Form
A spreadsheet will be sent to you based on the information you have requested. Your request will be processed in the order in which it was received. Thank you.
- A Guide to Lobstering in Maine, pdf file, 1 MB
- For municipal shellfish licenses, please visit or call your local town office.
- Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry info
- If you need help deciding which license you need, contact your Marine Patrol Office or (207) 624-6550.
- If you have a problem opening or using any of these applications please contact the DMR Webmaster.
- If you have any questions, call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550.