Town Ordinance, Permit and Map Information
Application and Annual Review forms
Applications for shellfish program permits and wardens, as well as the annual review forms needed by towns with ordinances, can be found on the Nearshore Marine Resources Program Forms page.
Intertidal Management Plans
DMR Regulations Chapter 7, Section 7.70 states: A municipality with an approved municipal shellfish conservation program may specify intertidal areas to be limited for mussel harvesting by drag, in accordance with M.R.S.A. ?6671.
- Intertidal mussel harvest guidance document (PDF file, 3 pages)
- Intertidal mussel harvest permit application (PDF file, 2 pages)
- Mussel harvest conservation areas map (PDF file, 1 page)
- Chapter 12 - Mussels
The following towns have intertidal management plans on file with the Department:
- Frenchman's Bay Intertidal Management Plan (19 KB, pdf)
- Frenchman's Bay specified intertidal areas limited for mussel harvesting by drag (645 KB, pdf)
- Gouldsboro Intertidal Shellfish Management Plan (PDF file, 16 pages, 2.8 MB)
- Steuben Intertidal Management Plan (PDF file, 5 pages)
Steuben IMP Map (PDF file, 1 page)