Real Estate Commission - Frequently Asked Questions - Associate Broker Licensing

How many continuing education credits do I need?
You must complete 21 clock hours during each two year license cycle; this total must include the current 3 clock hour Core Course. 

Can I put my license on inactive status?
Yes. Fill out a  Change of License Application and submit it with the required $20 fee.

I'm an inactive associate broker. How many credits do I need to practice again?
That depends on how long you've been inactive:

  • If inactive up to 2 years: 21 credits
  • If inactive 2 to 4 years: 28 credits
  • If inactive 4 to 6 years: 36 credits
  • If inactive longer than 6 years: No credits - you must pass the Maine Law Exam.

Is my application confidential?
No. With the exception of Social Security Number, all application information is public. Contact information provided to the Commission is posted on our website.