Welcome to the Maine State Board of Nursing Website
The mission of the Board of nursing is to protect the public health, safety and welfare by regulating the licensure of nurses, the practice of nurses, and nursing education.
I want to...
NEW! Nursys E-notification Service
e-Notify is a nurse licensure notification system that informs you of any discipline or licensing alerts received by your employed RNs or LPNs. The system provides real time notifications as it is entered into the Nursys database by boards of nursing. For more information, please visit the Nursys E-notification page.
- Board Opportunity
- Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact FAQs
- NCSBN's Welcome to the Nursing Profession Booklet
- Opioid Prescription Requirements Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions for Applicants with Nursing Service in the Medical Corps of Any Branch of the Armed Forces of the United States
- January 1, 2020 Changes to Applications
The Medical Professionals Health Program (MPHP) is a nationally recognized assistance program dedicated to helping health care professionals enter a safe, healthy recovery program. The MPHP has served over 700 healthcare professionals since it was first established in 1987. Their trained staff helps identify, assist, support, and monitor any Maine-licensed medical professional with a potential impairment due to a substance use illness or mental illness.
GET HELP TODAY - CONTACT MPHPStaff Contact Information