Welcome to the Maine State Board of Nursing Website
The mission of the Board of Nursing is to protect the public health and welfare in the area of nursing practice.
NCLEX and Testing Sites Updates
The following sites are the primary and most up to date sources of information related to the NCLEX testing centers.
I want to...
- apply for licensure
- add or change an MD or nurse practitioner supervisor (This must be done electronically)
- add a specialty to an existing nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist license
- renew my license
- reinstate or reactivate a license
- inactivate your RN, LPN, CNP, CNM, CRNA, or CNS license
- obtain a criminal background check
- check my application status
- verify a license
- file a complaint
- find a nursing program
- change my name
- change my address
- see all online services
Nursys E-notification Service
e-Notify is a nurse licensure notification system that informs you of any discipline or licensing alerts received by your employed RNs or LPNs. The system provides real time notifications as it is entered into the Nursys database by boards of nursing. For more information, please visit the Nursys E-notification page.
The Medical Professionals Health Program (MPHP) is a nationally recognized assistance program dedicated to helping health care professionals enter a safe, healthy recovery program. The MPHP has served over 700 healthcare professionals since it was first established in 1987. Their trained staff helps identify, assist, support, and monitor any Maine-licensed medical professional with a potential impairment due to a substance use illness or mental illness.
GET HELP TODAY - CONTACT MPHP