A Helper Electrician is a person making electrical installations in the employment of a master electrician, limited electrician or electrical company and under the direct supervision of a master, journeyman or limited electrician.
How to apply
- License fee of $25.00
- Criminal background check for $21.00
- Two years from date of first licensure
Online applications are now available. To apply online, click here.
- Biennial renewal fee of $25.00
- Two years based on first licensure date
- Fill out the online renewal application and submit.
The Department must verify that you have met all the conditions for renewal before your license is renewed. Online submission of your renewal application should not be construed as automatic renewal of your license.
- A late fee of $50.00 is assessed for licenses renewed after the license expiration date.
- Any person who submits an application for renewal more than 90 days after the expiration date shall be subject to all requirements governing new applicants.
Helper Electrician for Students Currently Enrolled in a Maine Community College or Maine High School Electrical Program
This license can be used for making electrical installations that are part of the instructional program of the school and while under the direction supervision of the instructor, who is a master electrician, at all times. This license can also be used outside of the instructional program for making electrical installations under the direct supervision and employment of a master, journeyman or limited electrician.
Online applications are now available.