Welcome to the website of the Department of Professional and Financial Regulation. We appreciate your visit to our homepage, and we look forward to assisting you. Although our building in Gardiner, Maine is not open to the public due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, our staff remains available to resolve your complaints, answer your questions, and continue to deliver high-quality services to consumers and regulated industries. Please contact us by phone at (207)624-8511, by email to Shawn.C.Brooks@maine.gov or through our other online services, and we will assist you.
Links to COVID-19 information and resources are available at https://www.maine.gov/covid19/
- March 14, 2022: Insurance Bureau Conducts 435 Investigations for Consumers in 2021, Resulting in More Than $1.3 Million Recovered on Behalf of Mainers
- March 9, 2022: Maine Insurance Superintendent Eric Cioppa to Retire April 1, Capping Decades of State and National Service
- February 15, 2022: Maine's Historic Action Today Will Merge Its Individual and Small Group Health Insurance Markets in 2023 and Create More Stable Pricing in Both
- February 10, 2022: Maine Insurance Superintendent Issues Cease and Desist Order Against Senior Health Insurance Company of Pennsylvania (SHIP)
- November 30, 2021: Maine Bureau of Insurance to Hold Virtual Public Forum December 2nd To Discuss Proposed Long-Term Care Insurance Rate Increases by Genworth
Military Experience And Training
The Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation wants to make sure that individuals who have military experience and training and who wish to obtain an occupational license receive appropriate credit for their military training and experience. If you have military experience and training, we want to talk to you. Get started
Prepaid Home Heating Fuel Contract
Information regarding the Prepaid Home Heating Fuel Program may be found at Prepaid Home Heating Oil Contracts. Consumers will find a link to verify a company's registration for the 2019/20 season, and dealers will find links to complete the registration process online. Companies who prefer to register by mail will find links to the Intent to Offer and Annual Report forms below.