Welcome to the website of the Department of Professional and Financial Regulation. We appreciate your visit to our homepage, and we look forward to assisting you.
DPFR staff are temporarily displaced while the building located at 76 Northern Avenue in Gardiner, Maine is closed for remediation work. Most DPFR employees will be working remotely during this temporary displacement, so the best way to reach us is by email, phone or through our other online services. We look forward to hearing from you and to continuing to deliver high-quality services to consumers and our licensees during this temporary displacement. If you need assistance, please call (207) 624-8511 or email Misty.B.Robinson@maine.gov
- March 21, 2023: Insurance Bureau Recovers $1.8 Million on Behalf of 499 Mainers in 2022; Lost Life Insurance Policies Matched to Additional 240 Mainers Through NAIC
- February 21, 2023: Maine's Bureau of Insurance Approves 11.9% Average Decrease in Workers Compensation Loss Costs
- July 1, 2022: Maine Health Insurers File Proposed Rates for 2023 Plan Year
- March 14, 2022: Insurance Bureau Conducts 435 Investigations for Consumers in 2021, Resulting in More Than $1.3 Million Recovered on Behalf of Mainers
- March 9, 2022: Maine Insurance Superintendent Eric Cioppa to Retire April 1, Capping Decades of State and National Service
Military Experience And Training
The Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation wants to make sure that individuals who have military experience and training and who wish to obtain an occupational license receive appropriate credit for their military training and experience. If you have military experience and training, we want to talk to you. Get started
Prepaid Home Heating Fuel Contract
Information regarding the Prepaid Home Heating Fuel Program may be found at Prepaid Home Heating Oil Contracts. Consumers will find a link to verify a company's registration for the 2019/20 season, and dealers will find links to complete the registration process online. Companies who prefer to register by mail will find links to the Intent to Offer and Annual Report forms below.
Intent to Offer Home Heating Oil, Kerosene or Liquified Petroleum Gas Prepaid Contracts form. (DOC)
Annual Report form for Home Heating Oil Prepaid Contracts. (DOC)