Welcome to the website of the Department of Professional and Financial Regulation. We appreciate your visit to our homepage, and we look forward to assisting you. Although our building in Gardiner, Maine is not open to the public due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, our staff remains available to resolve your complaints, answer your questions, and continue to deliver high-quality services to consumers and regulated industries. Please contact us by phone at (207)624-8511, by email to Shawn.C.Brooks@maine.gov or through our other online services, and we will assist you.
Links to COVID-19 information and resources are available at https://www.maine.gov/pfr/consumer/COVID-Information. The Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) website includes a range of helpful information including COVID-19 prevention checklists.
Reporting on Suspected Non-Compliance Related to COVID-19 Pandemic
If you wish to report a potential situation of non-compliance to the guidance relating to COVID-19, you may report those details using this form: www.maine.gov/online/noncompliance-reporting. The information will be reviewed by appropriate agency or agencies and responded to as needed.
As adherence to the Governor's Executive Orders is a civic duty and the responsibility of each citizen and business of the State of Maine, enforcement of the Governor's Stay Healthier at Home Order will be handled mainly through education and voluntary compliance.
- April 21, 2021: Attorney General and Securities Administrator Warn Public About New Phone Scam
- March 3, 2021: During the Open Enrollment to Buy Health Insurance, Now Through May 15th, Superintendent Cioppa Reminds Mainers to "Shop Safely"
- February 11, 2021: Insurance Bureau Conducts 450 Investigations for Consumers in 2020, Resulting in Close to $1.4 Million Recovered on Behalf of Mainers; Lost Life Policy Matches Add Additional $800,000
- September 25, 2020: Maine Securities Administrator Joins with CFTC to Charge Precious Metals Dealers in $185 Million Scheme Targeting Elderly Investors
- August 26, 2020: Maine Bureau of Insurance Announces 13.1 Percent Overall Average Decrease in Individual Health Insurance Rates for 2021
Military Experience And Training
The Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation wants to make sure that individuals who have military experience and training and who wish to obtain an occupational license receive appropriate credit for their military training and experience. If you have military experience and training, we want to talk to you. Get started
Prepaid Home Heating Fuel Contract
Information regarding the Prepaid Home Heating Fuel Program may be found at Prepaid Home Heating Oil Contracts. Consumers will find a link to verify a company's registration for the 2019/20 season, and dealers will find links to complete the registration process online. Companies who prefer to register by mail will find links to the Intent to Offer and Annual Report forms below.