Welcome to the website of the Department of Professional and Financial Regulation. We appreciate your visit to our homepage, and we look forward to assisting you.
DPFR’s Gardiner office is open to the public from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Click this link for directions.
To ensure that someone is available to assist you, we recommend that you schedule an appointment in advance. You can find contact information for each of our agencies by clicking the links at the top of this webpage or for general assistance please contact (207) 624- 8511 or Misty.B.Robinson@maine.gov.
While you are welcome to visit our offices, for faster service, we encourage you to take advantage of our many online services available on each of DPFR’s agency and board websites.
- February 7, 2024: Maine Joins $3 Million State and Federal Settlements with Crypto Platform TradeStation
- October 31, 2023: Commissioner Announces Appointment of Maine Securities Administrator
- October 17, 2023: State Regulators Settle with ACI Payments, Inc. for Unauthorized Transactions from Mr. Cooper Customer Accounts
- July 6, 2023: Consumer Insight from the Maine Bureau of Insurance: Preparing for and Recovering from Summer Storms
- June 26, 2023: Linda Conti of Augusta Assumes Role of Superintendent of Consumer Credit Protection
Military Experience And Training
The Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation wants to make sure that individuals who have military experience and training and who wish to obtain an occupational license receive appropriate credit for their military training and experience. If you have military experience and training, we want to talk to you. Get started
Prepaid Home Heating Fuel Contract
Information regarding the Prepaid Home Heating Fuel Program may be found at Prepaid Home Heating Oil Contracts. Consumers will find a link to verify a company's registration for the 2019/20 season, and dealers will find links to complete the registration process online. Companies who prefer to register by mail will find links to the Intent to Offer and Annual Report forms below.