Any person, firm, partnership, association, corporation or company engaged in the installation, sale, service, maintenance or inspection of elevators in this State shall register with the Department annually. The registration must include the names and addresses of all licensed private inspectors, licensed mechanics and all helpers employed by the elevator contractor.
How to apply
- License fee of $50.00
- Annual (Expires August 31)
- Completed application
- Annual renewal fee of $50.00
- One Year (Expires August 31)
- Fill out the online renewal application and submit.
The Department must verify that you have met all the conditions for renewal before your license is renewed. Online submission of your renewal application should not be construed as automatic renewal of your license.
- A late fee of $50.00 is assessed for licenses renewed up to 90 days after the license expiration date.
- Any person who submits an application for renewal more than 90 days after the expiration date but not more than 2 years may reinstate by paying the $50 license fee and $100 penalty fee. You may download a reinstatement application (PDF) here.
- Any person who submits an application for renewal more than 2 years after the expiration date shall be subject to all requirements governing new applicants.