Electricians' Examining Board - Licensing

Military Experience and Training

The Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation wants to make sure that individuals who have military experience and training and who wish to obtain a electricians license receive appropriate credit for their military training and experience.

If you have military experience and training in the electrical field and want to become licensed in Maine as a Master, Journeyman or Limited Electrician, please contact Matthew Kaply for the Electricians' Examining Board, at 207-624-8605 or email the office before submitting an application. She will explain the application process and assist you in preparing your application for licensure.

Military documentation that may need to accompany your examination application includes:

  • A copy of your DD Form 214, Report of Discharge
  • A copy of your DD Form 2586, Verification of Military Experience and Training (VMET)

PLEASE NOTE: you must make sure the zip code you enter for credit card transactions exactly matches the zip code your financial institution uses to contact you. This means you must include the four-digit zip code extension IF your credit card issuer uses all nine digits. If your transaction is rejected by your credit card issuer, THIS OFFICE CANNOT ACCEPT CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS OVER THE PHONE.

Master Electrician, Senior Master Electrician
(over 70 years of age)

Limited Electrician, Senior Limited Electrician
(over 70 years of age)

Journeyman Electrician, Senior Journeyman Electrician
(over 70 years of age)

Apprentice Electrician

Helper Electrician, Senior Helper Electrician

Journeyman-in-Training Electrician

Electrical Permit

Single-Family Dwelling Certification