Board of Licensure for Architects, Landscape Architects and Interior Designers - Frequently Asked Questions - Landscape Architect Licensing

Is an CLARB certification required for a reciprocal license?
No, but it is the fastest way to become licensed since it does not require board approval.  CLARB applications can be completed within a couple of weeks assuming the application is complete.

Can a landscape architect without an CLARB certificate obtain a reciprocal license?
Yes. The applicant must provide extensive verification of all education and experience which will be evaluated by the board. 

How long does it take to approve a reciprocal license?
It could take several months depending on the documentation submitted.

Does Maine license companies?

Does Maine have a continuing education requirement for renewal?

Is there a charge to send my registration history and/or exam scores to another state for a reciprocal license or to CLARB for certification?
Yes, the fee is $25.

Are landscape architects required to have a license to practice in Maine?
A license is required for any person who uses the title Landscape Architect.

Is my application confidential?
No. With the exception of Social Security Number, all application information is public. Contact information provided to the Board is posted on our website.