Manufactured Housing Board - Frequently Asked Questions - All Other Licenses

Can I get my Manufactured Housing License before taking the initial qualifying education training class?

All applicants for licensure (with the exception of Mobile Home Communities) must obtain initial training, including, but not limited to, the servicing and installation of manufactured housing.  Applicants for initial licensure must complete the training and pass the exam before the board approves the application for licensure.  There is no fee for training, click here for the training and exam.

How do I obtain the required sales tax number?

You should contact Maine Revenue Services at (207) 624-9693.

Is proof of insurance required when applying for a license?

Yes, you will need to provide a copy of your Certificate of Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance when necessary.

How do I change my address and other information on my license?

You may click here Change contact Information to change your address online or you may submit change of address in writing to the Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation (Manufactured Housing Board).

How do I obtain a Workers’ Compensation Waiver?

You should contact the Worker’s Compensation Board at (207) 287-7064 or toll free 1-888-801-9087.

How do I purchase warranty seals?

An application for the specific type of warranty seals must be completed and forwarded to our office for processing.  click HERE for the application or call (207) 624-8612.

Is my application confidential?

No. With the exception of Social Security Number, all application information is public. Contact information provided to the Board is posted on our website.

I cannot find my license. Will you send me a replacement?

Use the following link to order a replacement license. It will be emailed to you. Request a Duplicate License