Effective March 1, 2019, the Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation (OPOR) will no longer issue paper license verifications. License verifications are available, free of charge, on OPOR’s official database, https://www.pfr.maine.gov/ALMSOnline/ALMSQuery/Welcome.aspx?board=4390. This database is updated in real time as changes occur. The Office of Professional and Occupational Regulation considers this information to be a secure, primary source for license verification.
Due to a recent process change, FSBPT is now evaluating candidates' eligibility to sit for the National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE) for graduates from CAPTE accredited Programs. The application is for Foreign Educated Applicants Only. Please contact FSBPT directly for instructions on how to be made eligible if you are a graduate from a CAPTE accredited program. www.fsbpt.org or 703-739-9420
- Download an Application for Eligibility to Qualify for the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Examination (PDF)
- Download an Application for Eligibility to Qualify for the Physical Therapist (PT) Examination (PDF)
The above applications are solely for determining a persons eligibility to qualify for for an exam. It does not qualify an applicant for licensure at this time.
Once an exam candidate has passed an exam, they would be required to submit a separate application for licensure.
- Download an Application by Endorsement for PTA or PT License (PDF) - For applicants currently licensed in another state
- Download an Application for Reinstatement of PTA or PT (PDF) - 91 days to 2 years
Please do not submit the below application until you have received confirmation of passing the examination and you must have obtained final transcripts with the degree conferred.
- Download an Application for License for Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) (PDF) - once you have taken and passed the PTA examination
- Download an Application for Licensure for Physical Therapist(PT) (PDF) - once you have taken and passed the PT examination