I currently hold a trainee license. Will I be required to have a degree to upgrade from a trainee to the licensed residential real property appraiser?
If I have a degree, do I have to take the core curriculum appraiser courses as well?
What is the core curriculum requirement for the licensed residential real property appraiser?
- 30 hours basic appraisal principles
- 30 hours basic appraisal procedures
- 15 hours the 15-hour national USPAP course or its equivalent
- 15 hours residential market analysis and highest and best use
- 15 hours residential appraiser site valuation and cost approach
- 30 hours residential sales comparison and income approaches
- 15 hours residential report writing and case studies
- 150 hours
Click here to see a list of approved education providers. Once at the Appraisal Foundation web site, click on the "Resources" tab.
Is my application confidential?
No. With the exception of Social Security Number, all application information is public. Contact information provided to the Board is posted on our website.