Maine Marine Dealer and Harvester Licenses, and Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry
The Maine Department of Marine Resources' online licensing and landings system, called LEEDS (Licensing Enforcement and Environmental Data System) is now available. In order to apply for a new license or renew a license with the system, you first need to create a login for LEEDS
NOTE FOR MENHADEN HARVESTERS: Since the Menhaden License is new for 2021, IF YOU PREVIOUSLY HELD A COMMERCIAL PELAGIC AND ANADROMOUS LICENSE, PLEASE DO NOT RENEW YOUR LICENSE. INSTEAD, YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR A MENHADEN LICENSE.
ALREADY HAVE A LOGIN?
After you have created a login, go to LEEDS here (www.maine.gov/dmrleeds)
Instructions on how to update your contact information in LEEDS here (PDF, 3 pages)
A video showing you how to update your contact information in LEEDS here
If you have never logged into LEEDS before, create your LEEDS login here.
If you are renewing your license online, this system will provide you with many options, including:
- Renew a license
- Apply for a new license you’ve never held before
- Order tags (for certain licenses)
- Reprint your license
- Upgrade a license (if applicable)
- Pay administrative fees
- Report landings (coming soon)
- Upload documents to the department
- Change your password to the system
If you have had licenses with the Department, you already have a Landings Number. Please be sure that once you create your login, that your landings number has not changed. If your landings number is different once you create your login, please contact the Licensing Division before moving forward in the system. Also, if your SS # is not correct in our system, or the FEIN # has changed, you will not be able to renew your licenses under the “NEW” landings number, and will need to contact Licensing to correct/update in order to proceed.
For assistance with LEEDS, call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550, Option 2.
Below are lists of applications and forms that may be printed out and submitted to the Department for processing. Form instructions, fees, and where to mail them are usually on the second page of each form. PDF files require Adobe Acrobat or free Adobe Reader software (download here), version 6 or higher. Please print these files using the reader software print icon, not your browser print icon. If you need an alternate format, please call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550, Option 2.
2021 Application Forms
2021 Dealer License Application Forms
- 2021 Retail-Wholesaler Dealer Licence with no Lobster License Application, pdf file, 271 KB
- 2021 Retail-Wholesale Dealer License with Lobster License Application, pdf file 292 KB
- 2021 Elver Dealer & Supplemental License Application, pdf file, 105 kb
- 2021 Elver Exporter License Application, pdf file, 100 kb
2021 Commercial Harvester License Application Forms
Commercial Lobster Harvester:
- 2021 Lobster & Crab Harvesting Class I,II, or III License Application, pdf file 53 kb
- 2021 Apprentice or Student Lobster & Crab License Applications, pdf file, 172 kb
- 2021 Non-resident Lobster & Crab License Application, pdf file, 50 kb
- 2021 Non-resident Lobster & Crab Apprentice Application, pdf file, 44 kb
- 2021 Non-resident Lobster & Crab Landing Permit, pdf file, 46 kb
- 2021 Island Limited Entry Lobster & Crab License Applications, pdf file, 54 kb
Other Commercial Harvesters:
2021 Non-Commercial/Recreational License Application Form:
- 2021 Noncommercial Scallop License for Disabled Veterans, pdf file, 166 kb
- 2021 Noncommercial Lobster & Crab License for Disabled Veterans, pdf file, 171 kb
- 2021 Noncommercial Lobster & Crab License Application, pdf file, 104 kb
- 2021 Lobster Demonstration License Application, pdf file, 92 kb
- Online Noncommercial & Demonstration Lobster/Crab License Exam
- A Guide to Lobstering in Maine, pdf file, 1 MB
- 2021 Saltwater Recreational Fishing Operator Application, pdf file, 39 kb
- 2021 Saltwater Fishing Registry Application, pdf file, 38 kb
- Request Forms for Elver License Holders Regarding Temporary Medical Transfer of Elver Quota, pdf file, 130 kb
- Health Certificates and Catch Documents for Exporting Seafood to the European Union (EU), c/o NOAA
- Safety Training Requirements and Course Materials for Sea Urchin and Scallop Divers and Tenders
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone 1 Season Change for 2020–2021, pdf file,18kb
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone 2 Season Change for 2020–2021, pdf file, 18kb
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone Change for 2020-2021, pdf file 27kb
- To request data from our harvester or dealer license database, please follow the links below and complete the forms. For more information about the types of licenses we issue, review the lists above. Note that some license-holders do not actively fish or buy/sell, and their status (active or inactive) is confidential.
Harvester Data Request Form Dealer Data Request Form
A spreadsheet will be sent to you based on the information you have requested. Your request will be processed in the order in which it was received. Thank you.
- A Guide to Lobstering in Maine, pdf file, 1 MB
- For municipal shellfish licenses, please visit or call your local town office.
- Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry info
- If you need help deciding which license you need, contact your Marine Patrol Office or (207) 624-6550.
- If you have a problem opening or using any of these applications please contact the DMR Webmaster.
- If you have any questions, call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550.