Maine Marine Dealer and Harvester Licenses, and Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry
PLEASE NOTE: LEEDS will be down for maintenance from 11:45 pm on 2/25 until 8:00 AM on 2/26.
The Maine Department of Marine Resources' online licensing and landings system, called LEEDS (Licensing Enforcement and Environmental Data System) is now available. In order to apply for a new license or renew a license with the system, you first need to create a login for LEEDS.
Please note that cell phones, tablets, or iPads cannot be used to create a login or obtain/update a license at this time.
If you have never logged into LEEDS before, create your LEEDS login here.
If you are renewing your license online, this system will provide you with many more options than our previous online system, including:
- Renew a license
- Apply for a new license you’ve never held before
- Order tags (for certain licenses)
- Reprint your license
- Upgrade a license (if applicable)
- Pay administrative fees
- Report landings (coming soon)
- Upload documents to the department
- Change your password to the system
If you have had licenses with the Department, you already have a Landings Number. Please be sure that once you create your login, that your landings number has not changed. If your landings number is different once you create your login, please contact the Licensing Division before moving forward in the system. Also, if your SS # is not correct in our system, or the FEIN # has changed, you will not be able to renew your licenses under the “NEW” landings number, and will need to contact Licensing to correct/update in order to proceed.
For assistance with LEEDS, call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550, Option 2.
Below are lists of applications and forms that may be printed out and submitted to the Department for processing. Form instructions, fees, and where to mail them are usually on the second page of each form. PDF files require Adobe Acrobat or free Adobe Reader software (download here), version 6 or higher. Please print these files using the reader software print icon, not your browser print icon. If you need an alternate format, please call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550, Option 2.
2019 License Applications
2019 Dealer License Application Forms
2019 Commercial Harvester License Application Forms
Commercial Lobster Harvester:
- 2019 Lobster & Crab Harvesting Class I-II-III License Application, pdf file, 86 kb
- 2019 Apprentice or Student Lobster & Crab License Application, pdf file, 199 kb
- 2019 Non-resident Lobster and Crab License Application, pdf file, 262 kb
- 2019 Non-resident Lobster and Crab Landing Permit, pdf file, 283 kb
Other Commercial Harvesters:
- 2019 Marine Harvesting License Application, pdf file, 323 kb
- 2019 Scallop, Sea Urchin, and Sea Cucumber Harvesting License Application, pdf file, 322 kb
- 2019 Elver Harvester License Application, pdf file, 250 kb
2019 Non-Commercial/Recreational License Application Forms:
- 2019 Lobster Demonstration License, pdf file, 339 kb
- 2019 Non-Commercial Lobster & Crab License Application, pdf file, 247 kb
- Noncommercial Lobster/Crab License Exam, pdf file, 726 kb
- A Guide to Lobstering in Maine, pdf file, 3 MB
- 2019 Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry Application, pdf file, 237 kb
- 2019 Saltwater Recreational Fishing Operator Application, pdf file, 248 kb
2018 License Applications
2018 Commercial Harvester License Application Forms
Other Commercial Harvesters:
- Letter and Request Form for Elver License Holders Regarding Temporary Medical Transfer of Elver Quota, pdf file, 265 kb
- Health Certificates and Catch Documents for Exporting Seafood to the European Union (EU), c/o NOAA
- Safety Training Requirements and Course Materials for Sea Urchin and Scallop Divers and Tenders
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone 1 Season Change for 2019–2020, pdf file, 18 kb
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone 2 Season Change for 2019–2020, pdf file, 36 kb
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone Change for 2019-2020, pdf file, 13 kb
Lobster and Crab
- A Guide to Lobstering in Maine, pdf file, 1 MB
- Please visit or call your local town office for information about municipal shellfish licenses
- Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry info
- If you need help deciding which license you need, contact your Marine Patrol Office or (207) 624-6550
- If you have a problem opening or using any of these applications please contact the DMR Webmaster
- If you have any questions, call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550.