Maine Marine Dealer and Harvester Licenses, and Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry
The Maine Department of Marine Resources' online licensing and landings system, called LEEDS (Licensing Enforcement and Environmental Data System) is now available. In order to apply for a new license or renew a license with the system, you first need to create a login for LEEDS
If you have never logged into LEEDS before, create your LEEDS login here.
If you are renewing your license online, this system will provide you with many more options than our previous online system, including:
- Renew a license
- Apply for a new license you’ve never held before
- Order tags (for certain licenses)
- Reprint your license
- Upgrade a license (if applicable)
- Pay administrative fees
- Report landings (coming soon)
- Upload documents to the department
- Change your password to the system
If you have had licenses with the Department, you already have a Landings Number. Please be sure that once you create your login, that your landings number has not changed. If your landings number is different once you create your login, please contact the Licensing Division before moving forward in the system. Also, if your SS # is not correct in our system, or the FEIN # has changed, you will not be able to renew your licenses under the “NEW” landings number, and will need to contact Licensing to correct/update in order to proceed.
For assistance with LEEDS, call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550, Option 2.
Below are lists of applications and forms that may be printed out and submitted to the Department for processing. Form instructions, fees, and where to mail them are usually on the second page of each form. PDF files require Adobe Acrobat or free Adobe Reader software (download here), version 6 or higher. Please print these files using the reader software print icon, not your browser print icon. If you need an alternate format, please call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550, Option 2.
2020 License Applications
2020 Dealer License Application Forms
- Retail-Wholesale Dealer with Lobster License Application (Valid on April 1, 2020), pdf file, 315 KB
- Retail-Wholesale Dealer with no Lobster License Application (Valid on April 1, 2020), pdf file, 294 KB
- 2020 Elver Exporter License Application, pdf file, 100KB
2020 Commercial Harvester License Application Forms
Commercial Lobster Harvester:
- 2020 Lobster & Crab Harvesting Class I,II,III License Application, pdf file, 232 kb
- 2020 Apprentice or Student Lobster & Crab License Applications, pdf file, 172 kb
- 2020 Non-resident Lobster & Crab License Applications, pdf file, 81 kb
- 2020 Non-resident Lobster & Crab Apprentice Applications, pdf file, 90 kb
- 2020 Non-resident Lobster & Crab Landing Permit, pdf file, 47 kb
- 2020 Island Limited Entry Lobster & Crab License Applications, pdf file, 191 kb
Other Commercial Harvesters:
2020 Non-Commercial/Recreational License Application Form:
- 2020 Noncommercial Scallop License for Disabled Veterans, pdf file, 166 kb
- 2020 Noncommercial Lobster & Crab License for Disabled Veterans, pdf file, 171 kb
- 2020 Noncommercial Lobster & Crab License Application, pdf file, 226 kb
- 2020 Lobster Demonstration License Application, pdf file, 93 kb
- Noncommercial Lobster/Crab License Exam, pdf file, 726 kb
- A Guide to Lobstering in Maine, pdf file, 1 MB
- 2020 Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry Application, pdf file, 38 kb
- 2020 Saltwater Recreational Fishing Operator Application, pdf file, 39
- Lobster Trap Tag Order Form, pdf file, pdf file, 25 KB
- 2020 Lobster Trap Tag Replacement Certification and Order Form, pdf file, 157 KB
- Request Form for Elver License Holders Regarding Temporary Medical Transfer of Elver Quota, pdf file, 130 kb
- Health Certificates and Catch Documents for Exporting Seafood to the European Union (EU), c/o NOAA
- Safety Training Requirements and Course Materials for Sea Urchin and Scallop Divers and Tenders
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone 1 Season Change for 2020–2021, pdf file, 80kb
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone 2 Season Change for 2020–2021, pdf file, 80kb
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone Change for 2020-2021, pdf file 82kb
Lobster and Crab
- To request data from our harvester or dealer license database, please follow the links below and complete the forms. For more information about the types of licenses we issue, review the lists above. Note that some license-holders do not actively fish or buy/sell, and their status (active or inactive) is confidential.
- A Guide to Lobstering in Maine, pdf file, 1 MB
- Please visit or call your local town office for information about municipal shellfish licenses
- Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry info
- If you need help deciding which license you need, contact your Marine Patrol Office or (207) 624-6550
- If you have a problem opening or using any of these applications please contact the DMR Webmaster
- If you have any questions, call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550.
A spreadsheet will be sent to you based on the information you have requested. Depending on the number of requests received. Your request will be processed in the order in which it was received. Thank you.