Home → Aquaculture
Aquaculture in Maine
Welcome to the Department of Marine Resources Aquaculture home page. This page is designed to provide the public, applicants, and leaseholders with useful and accurate information about marine aquaculture in Maine.
Upcoming Public Meetings, Hearings, and Scoping Sessions:
- Aquaculture Lease Hearing - Wild Ocean Aquaculture, LLC - Falmouth – February 28, 2018 – Falmouth, ME
- Aquaculture Hearing - Summit Point, LLC - Cumberland – March 12, 2019 – Cumberland, Maine
- Aquaculture Hearing - Springtide Seaweed, LLC - Gouldsboro (Prospect Harbor), Me – March 26, 2019 – 59 Main Street, Prospect Harbor, ME
For more information, also see:
- DMR Aquaculture Staff Contact Information
- Conducting Aquaculture in Maine - PDF file, 4 pages
- Aquaculture Advisory Council
Please see the links below or to the left for information on:
- NEW Aquaculture Harvest License REQUIRED for all aquaculture lease and LPA license holders in order to harvest and sell product from site.
- What is Aquaculture?
- Applications and other forms
- Annual harvest data
- Aquaculture laws and regulations (Chapter 2)
- Pending lease applications
- Aquaculture Map and Lease Inventory (Pending and Current)
- Public participation in aquaculture leasing
- Reports, newsletters, publications, and issue papers