Home → Aquaculture
Aquaculture in Maine
Welcome to the Department of Marine Resources Aquaculture home page. This page is designed to provide the public, applicants, and leaseholders with useful and accurate information about marine aquaculture in Maine.
Upcoming Public Meetings, Hearings, and Scoping Sessions:
- Notice of Reopened Hearing - Spinney Creek Shellfish, Inc. – January 8, 2019 – 120 Rogers Road, Kittery, ME
- Notice of Continued Hearing - Mere Point Oyster Company, LLC – January 15, 2019 – 20 Barrows Street, Brunswick, ME 04011
For more information, also see:
- DMR Aquaculture Staff Contact Information
- Conducting Aquaculture in Maine - PDF file, 4 pages
- Aquaculture Advisory Council
Please see the links below or to the left for information on:
- NEW Aquaculture Harvest License REQUIRED for all aquaculture lease and LPA license holders in order to harvest and sell product from site.
- What is Aquaculture?
- Applications and other forms
- Annual harvest data
- Aquaculture laws and regulations (Chapter 2)
- Pending lease applications
- Aquaculture Map and Lease Inventory (Pending and Current)
- Public participation in aquaculture leasing
- Reports, newsletters, publications, and issue papers