Data on Suicide
The Maine Suicide Prevention Program collects, monitors, and analyzes data related to suicide deaths and intentional self-inflicted injuries.
In Maine in 2016:
- Suicide was the second leading cause of death among youth ages 10-24 and adults ages 25-34.
- Suicide was the fourth leading cause of death among adults ages 35-54. 
For more detailed information on suicide and intentional self-inflicted injuries in Maine:
- Data Brief: Suicide in Maine Across the Lifespan (ages 10+) (PDF)
- Data Brief: Youth Suicide in Maine (ages 10-24) (PDF)
- Maine Lifespan (Ages 10+) Suicide and Intentional Self-Inflicted Injury Data Book (PDF)
- Maine Youth (Ages 10-24) Suicide and Intentional Self-Inflicted Injury Youth Data Book (PDF)
 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS)