Disease reports from community practitioners and laboratorians constitute the basis for effective public health prevention and intervention efforts. We wish to thank the many physicians, physician assistants, infection control practitioners, clinical microbiologists, extended care facility nurses, administrators, nurse practitioners, and clinical office staff, among others, whose disease reporting efforts are critical to maintaining public health in Maine.
- New Rules for the Control of Notifiable Conditions, February 17, 2021 (PDF)
- Notifiable Conditions List, February 17, 2021 (PDF)
- Notifiable Conditions Reporting Form (Word) | also as PDF
- Rabies Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Reporting Form (Word) | also as PDF
2022 Laboratory Reporting of Notifiable Conditions
This guidance provides Maine-specific information on notifiable diseases and conditions, contact information for key personnel and offices, and emergency contact information for after hours calls. Maine CDC Lab Guide 2022 (PDF)
Electronic Case Reporting (eCR)
Healthcare facilities that wish to participate in the CMS Promoting Interoperability Program (PIP) and Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) must communicate their intent to implement electronic case reporting (eCR) with their state public health agency.
To register for eCR with Maine CDC, fill out this registration form.
Disease reporting Contact Information:
- Phone: 1 - 800 - 821 - 5821 (24 hours a day)
- FAX: 1-800-293-7534 (24 hours a day)
- TTY: Maine relay 711 (24 hours a day)
Non-confidential reports or requests for consultation can be sent by email to: email@example.com