Disease reports from community practitioners and laboratorians constitute the basis for effective public health prevention and intervention efforts. We wish to thank the many physicians, physician assistants, infection control practitioners, clinical microbiologists, extended care facility nurses, administrators, nurse practitioners, and clinical office staff, among others, whose disease reporting efforts are critical to maintaining public health in Maine.
- New Rules for the Control of Notifiable Conditions, September 2015 (Word) | also as PDF
- Notifiable Conditions List – September 8, 2015 (PDF)
- Notifiable Conditions Reporting Form (Word) | also as PDF
- Rabies Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Reporting Form (Word) | also as PDF
2018 Laboratory Reporting of Notifiable Conditions
This guidance provides Maine-specific information on notifiable diseases and conditions, contact information for key personnel and offices, and emergency contact information for after hours calls. MeCDC Lab Guide 2018 (PDF)
Meaningful Use Public Health Reporting
For information on Meaningful Use public health reporting measures please visit MaineCare's Public Health Reporting for the Medicaid or Medicare Interoperability Program page.
Disease reporting Contact Information:
- Phone: 1 - 800 - 821 - 5821 (24 hours a day)
- FAX: 1-800-293-7534 (24 hours a day)
- TTY: Maine relay 711 (24 hours a day)
Non-confidential reports or requests for consultation can be sent by email to: email@example.com