Maine Laboratory Accreditation
In Maine, laboratory accreditation is required by several regulatory programs including drinking water, waste water and diesel residual organics/gasoline residual organics. Laboratories are accredited by test (examples: Arsenic, Bacteria, Radon), so it is necessary to check with a laboratory to find out exactly what they are accredited to test for. The tests which laboratories are able to do can change regularly. You may confirm what tests are done by a laboratory or ask any other questions regarding laboratory quality by calling (207) 287-1929 or by emailing the accreditation officer at email@example.com.
Temporary Laboratory Analysis Update:
The Maine Health and Environmental Laboratory (HETL) is not performing carbamate testing until further notice. Carbamate testing is part of new well approval tests and synthetic organic requirements.
The following laboratories conduct carbamate testing. Be sure to check with the laboratories to determine their availability.
- Eurofins Eaton Analytical, LLC - Monrovia, CA (626-386-1100)
- Granite State Analytical Services, LLC – Derry, NH (603-432-3044)
- Eastern Analytical, Inc. – Concord, NH (603-228-0525)
- National Testing Laboratories, Ltd. – Ypsilanti, MI (734-483-8333)
- Phoenix Environmental Laboratories, Inc. – Manchester, CT (860-645-1102)
All Accredited Laboratories (xlsx)