Fishing is world class in Maine. Sebago Lake land-locked salmon has been served to Presidents of the United States. Northern lakes, ponds and rivers provide excellent fly fishing for native brook trout. And the truly avid take part in ice fishing during the winter.
- Use our Park Search Feature and select the fishing icon under “Search by Activities” to find fishing locations on Maine State Parks and Public Lands.
- Fish Species in Maine
- Fish ID webpage and PDF guide by the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
- Ice fishing derbies are popular during the wintertime.
- Our Winter Family Fun Days in January, February and March includes annual Ice Fishing Derbies for kids.
- Check our event calendar for more year round fun!
- Open Water and Ice Fishing Derby Listing by the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife (IF&W).
- Bass Fishing Tournaments listed by IF&W
- Opportunities for People with Disabilites- an IF&W listing.
- Songo Lock Veteran's Fishing Pier located at the meeting of the Songo & Crooked Rivers on State Park Rd. (Lat 43.932598, Lon -70.577068). Accessible features: fishing pier, pathway to the fishing pier, picnic table, toilet and parking. No Fee. For more information contact Sebago Lake State Park.
- Fishing Free days are offered twice each year by the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife.
- Fishing destinations and experiences presented by the Maine Office of Tourism.
- Fishing Licenses