School Group Visits to the Parks
- Schedule your visit in advance whether or not you will tour on your own or have a ranger-led program. (Park Contact List) This helps the park manager to:
- Provide free entry to your school group (offered September through June 30) with permission of park manager).
- Anticipate both parking and staffing needs.
Junior Ranger Program help us spread the word! Students stay engaged over the summer break with the Junior Ranger Program at:
Annual Events and Monthly Programs
- Annual Event Listing - a year-at-a-glance calendar
- Event Calendar - a searchable listing of the Bureau's events
Experience Community Involvement & Volunteerism with your students.
You and your students can help at:
- Programs and Events
- Park clean-ups
- Trail clean-ups
- Call the park directly for additional details and scheduling.
Get Event and Material Updates
- Join our e-updates for Teachers email the Interpretive Specialist and put e-updates for Teachers in the email header.
Our new Kids' Page and Teacher Resources pages are by popular request and will develop over time. Please check back often and send your comments and notes about your educational discoveries on Maine' State Parks and Public Lands to the Interpretive Specialist.
- Fall Foliage Hikes
- Feathers over Freeport
- Passport Program
- Winter Family Fun
- Year-at-a-Glance Event Calendar
Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) Kids Outdoors online descriptions:
- Mackworth Island, Falmouth, ME
- Mount Battie - Camden Hills State Park
- Table Rock - Grafton Notch State Park
- Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park
- Geology Resources
Maine Geologic Facts by the Maine Geological Survey
Inland Fisheries & Wildlife Links:
Maine Natural Areas Program Links: