DACF Home → Bureaus & Programs → Bureau of Parks and Lands → Discover History & Explore Nature → Nature Exploration → Teacher Resources
School Group Visits to the Parks
- Schedule your visit in advance whether or not you will tour on your own or have a ranger-led program. (Park Contact List) This helps the park manager to:
- Provide free entry to your school group (offered September through June 30) with permission of park manager.
- Anticipate both parking and staffing needs.
Weekly Nature Guide - the Nature Note
- Text DACF Nature to 468311 to receive the weekly Nature Note.
Additional Opportunities for Youth
Junior Ranger Program
Help us spread the word! Students stay engaged over the summer break with the Junior Ranger Program at twelve Maine State Park locations.
Annual Events and Monthly Programs
- Annual Event Listing - a year-at-a-glance calendar
- Event Calendar - a searchable listing of the Bureau's events
Experience Community Involvement & Volunteerism Volunteer with your students.
You and your students can help at:
- Programs and Events
- Park clean-ups
- Trail clean-ups
- Call the park directly for additional details and scheduling.
Please check back often and send your comments and notes about your educational discoveries on Maine' State Parks and Public Lands to the Interpretive Specialist.