Campground Reservation’s Call Center is Closed for the Season
- Campsites become first-come/first-served on Monday, September 10, 2018. Customers can continue to camp through Columbus Day at most park campgrounds. Contact the park directly to verify extended camping dates. Rates by location.
- Winter camping locations.
- Group Campsite details and phone numbers.
2019 Camping Reservation Dates for Call Center and Online Reservations
- Sebago Lake State Park only - Friday, February 1, 2019 at 9:00 A.M. (Group Campsite Reservations also begin, but are taken at each park directly by phone.)
- All others - Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 9:00 A.M.
- Campground Rates by location.
The Allagash is a Good Place for the Soul - Bill Green's Maine
The Allagash Wilderness Waterway (AWW) was featured on “Bill Green’s Maine” (WCSH-TV / NBC affiliate). Bill interviewed AWW Supervisor Matt LaRoche and AWW Foundation Board member Don Hudson about Waterway activities and the recent Storied Lands & Waters project, which lays the groundwork for interpretation of Waterway features. The project was funded by the Foundation and developed in partnership with the Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands, which manages the Waterway.
Group Picnic Areas: Sites & Shelters
- Reservations open at 9:00 A.M. EST on Thursday, February 1st. Call the Park directly. For phone numbers of the participating parks and site details view the Group Picnic Areas: Sites & Shelters webpage.
Parks & Historic Sites: Days & Hours
Parks may be visited year-round, from 9:00 a.m. to sunset daily unless otherwise posted. Fees are collected at the booth by staff or through self-service stations.
For current status:
Please call the park or historic site directly.
Park Amenities, such as water, restrooms and buildings, are shut down for the winter season as dictated by weather. Primitive toilets may be available at some locations.
Parking - Most parks and historic sites are not plowed during the winter due to seasonal staffing. A few parks are only plowed when the manager is on duty.
Drone, Unmanned Aircraft (UAS) Policy
The general use of drones (UAS) is prohibited in Maine State Parks, Historic Sites, or DACF Boat Launches without direct oversight and guidance of an approved law enforcement agency or by the issue of a Special Activity Permit.
Parks and Lands Newsletter
Maine Conservation Corps (MCC)
Celebrate 50Years - Allagash Wilderness waterway: 1966-2016
Purchase a Limited Edition signed & numbered 24x20inch print for $50. each plus S&H and tax. Call to Order:
(207) 695-3721 x3
State Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan is Complete.
Purchase a Loon/Conservation License Plate from the Bureau of Motor Vehicles online or at your town office.