DACF Home → Bureaus & Programs → Bureau of Parks and Lands
Bureau of Parks and Lands
We are Hiring
Reid State Park Temporarily Closed
Reid State Park will be closed starting February 1st through the month of February, at minimum, to all visitors. This includes walk-in access. This is out of concern for the safety of our visitors during the construction of a new entrance station and bridge. We look forward to everyone enjoying these new modifications this spring! Text REID to 888-514-7527 to subscribe to updates from the park and to get notified of the park's reopening.
- 1/6/2023: More outdoors enthusiasts than ever chose a Maine State Park campground in 2022; get your camping trip locked in for 2023
- 1/5/2023: Allagash Wilderness Waterway Opens Applications for the 2023 Visiting Artist Program
- 8/25/2022: Reminder: Camping Prohibition on Tumbledown Mountain
- 8/18/2022: Bureau of Parks and Lands Announces New Outdoor Recreation Investments Map
- 8/18/2022: Grant to Rehabilitate Maine's Colburn House State Historic Site Included in National Park Service Semiquincentennial Grant Program
Winter Camping is available through March 15
You may continue to camp at select locations. Self-sufficiency is required; no amenities, cleared locations, or water at these sites. On-site self-registrations is available at the entry booth. Fees and complete information.
Parks & Historic Sites: Days & Hours
Parks may be visited year-round, from 9:00 a.m. to sunset daily unless otherwise posted. Fees are collected at the booth by staff or through self-service stations.
For current status:
Please call the park or historic site directly.
Subscribe to Park Alerts and other Bureau news.
Park Amenities, such as water, restrooms and buildings, are shut down for the winter season as dictated by weather. Primitive toilets may be available at some locations.
Parking - Most parks and historic sites are not plowed during the winter due to seasonal staffing. A few parks are only plowed when the manager is on duty.
Be Shark Smart
Untold Secret: Maine Public Lands
Explore the unbelievably beautiful Maine Public Lands. These are magical places in Maine—and they belong to all of us. Watch the new 21-minute short film, or in segments, to begin your virtual journey and plan for your visit to Maine Public Lands.
Drone, Unmanned Aircraft (UAS) Policy
The general use of drones (UAS) is prohibited in Maine State Parks, Historic Sites, or DACF Boat Launches without direct oversight and guidance of an approved law enforcement agency or by the issue of a Special Activity Permit.
Upcoming Events & Activities
- March 25, 2023 - March 26, 2023: Ski & Snowshoe Trailer at Lily Bay State Park
- June 18, 2023 : Maine Resident Day - Maine State Parks and Historic Sites
Find More Parks & Lands Events
Sign up for Park Event News in your email!
Search all Bureau & Department Events
Upcoming Public Meetings
- June 16, 2023 : Allagash Wilderness Waterway Advisory Council Meeting
- December 15, 2023 - December 16, 2023: Allagash Wilderness Waterway Advisory Council Meeting