Bureau of Parks and Lands
We are Hiring!
Camping Reservations for summer 2024 open on February 1 at 9:00 AM. Read more.
Stay Informed with Safety Updates for day-use and camping.
April 8, 2024: Solar Eclipse 2024 - What You Need to Know
Bald Mountain Tower - BPL Final Decision 10/2/2023
- 2/14/2024: Reid State Park is Partially Open - Todd's Point and Trails Only
- 1/17/2024: Maine State Parks See Slight Decline in Use During 2023, Anticipates Continued Upward Trend in Visitation and Camping
- 1/16/2024: The Importance of Registering Your Snowmobile in Maine
- 1/12/2024: Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Announces Rex Turner as Director of Acquisitions and Planning
- 1/5/2024: Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Announces The Allagash Wilderness Waterway Visiting Artist Program
- 1/4/2024: New Gloucester's and Auburn's Talking Brook and Big Falls Properties Secure Permanent Protection
Parks & Historic Sites: Days & Hours
Parks may be visited year-round, from 9:00 a.m. to sunset daily unless otherwise posted. Fees are collected at the booth by staff or through self-service stations.
For current status:
Please call the park or historic site directly.
Park Amenities, such as water, restrooms and buildings, are shut down for the winter season as dictated by weather. Primitive toilets may be available at some locations.
Parking - Most parks and historic sites are not plowed during the winter due to seasonal staffing. A few parks are only plowed when the manager is on duty.