Land and Water Conservation Fund
The Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1964 (LWCF) was established to assist federal, state and local governments in the acquisition and/or development of public outdoor recreation facilities. Administered at the federal level by the National Park Service and at the state level by the Bureau of Parks and Lands in the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry, LWCF grants can provide up to 50% of the allowable costs for approved acquisition or development projects for public outdoor recreation.
The application period for 2019 grant awards is now open! New application and support documents are posted below. The maximum grant award for this round is $300,000.
The grant documents below provide specific information about the Maine LWCF grant applications process. Eligible agencies are encouraged to contact the Grants and Community Recreation program at the address below for assistance and guidance in the application process. Note that this program requires a pre-approval site inspection to assure project eligibility. If you are considering an application in this grant round please request a site visit at your earliest convenience by following the link below.
Grants and Community Recreation
Bureau of Parks and Lands
124 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333
Doug Beck, Outdoor Recreation Supervisor
E-mail address: Doug.Beck@maine.gov
Application Forms & Downloads
The files below are listed in alignment with the application checklist. The applicant will need to provide additional information as listed in the checklist and also organized by folder.
The application manual will provide additional guidance for compiling the application. This guidance should be retained in the sponsoring agency's project file following the submission of an application. Contents include information and directions regarding future actions that must be taken if the application receives preliminary state approval.
To read the PDF files you will need a copy of the free Adobe Reader software.
PRE-APPROVAL SITE INSPECTION REQUEST DEADLINE
Potential applicants must request a
pre-application site inspection prior to July 27, 2018.
REQUEST A SITE VISIT NOW
APPLICATION DEADLINEApplications must be submitted on or before
close of business (5:00 PM) on Friday, November 16, 2018
- Folder 1 - 2018 LWCF Application Checklist (Word 20 KB)
- Folder 1 - Transmittal Letter (Word 109KB)
- Folder 1 - Sample Warrant Article / Certification (Word 15 KB)
- Folder 3 - Sample Location Map (PDF 21 KB)
- Folder 3 - Sample 6(f)(3) Map (PDF 171 KB)
- Folder 4 - Sample Cost Estimates (PDF 645 KB)
- Folder 4 - Appraisal Information (PDF 27 KB)
- Folder 5 - Environmental Screening Form (Word 14 KB)
- Folder 7 - Assurances-Construction (PDF 35 KB)
- Folder 7 - Assurances-NonConstruction (PDF 22 KB)
- Folder 7 - Sample Joint Use Agreement (PDF 22 KB)
- Folder 7 - Debarment Certificate (PDF 41 KB)
- LWCF Fiscal Procedures (PDF 195 KB)
- LWCF Open Project Selection Process (PDF )
- Grant Application Guidance (PDF )
- Folder 3 - Sample Site Plan (PDF )
- Folder 2 - Application (Word 76 KB)
- Folder 2 - Application Budget (None 18 KB)