DACF Home → Bureaus & Programs → Bureau of Parks and Lands
Bureau of Parks and Lands
Reid State Park Temporarily Closed
Reid State Park will be closed today, May 31st and tomorrow June 1st due to paving. We apologize for any inconvenience and the late notice. Text REID to 888-514-7527 to get alerts from the park.
Stay Informed with Safety Updates for day-use and camping.
- 5/25/2023: Embrace Safety and Fun at Maine State Park Beaches
- 5/25/2023: Maine State Parks and Public Reserved Lands Prepare for Increased Peak Season Visitation, Encourages Planning and Respect for Maine's Outdoors
- 5/12/2023: Critical 13,500-Acre Section of Western Maine Protected
We are Hiring!
Parks & Historic Sites: Days & Hours
Parks may be visited year-round, from 9:00 a.m. to sunset daily unless otherwise posted. Fees are collected at the booth by staff or through self-service stations.
For current status:
Please call the park or historic site directly.
Subscribe to Park Alerts and other Bureau news.
Park Amenities, such as water, restrooms and buildings, are shut down for the winter season as dictated by weather. Primitive toilets may be available at some locations.
Parking - Most parks and historic sites are not plowed during the winter due to seasonal staffing. A few parks are only plowed when the manager is on duty.
Upcoming Events & Activities
- June 10, 2023 : In the Pines at Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park
- June 10, 2023 : Elfin World of Lichens & Mosses at Bradbury Mountain State Park
- June 11, 2023 : Osprey Watch at Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park
- June 16, 2023 : Nighttime Creatures & Sky Tour at Bradbury Mountain State Park
- June 17, 2023 : Stroll with the Ranger at Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park
Find More Parks & Lands Events
Sign up for Park Event News in your email!
Search all Bureau & Department Events
Upcoming Public Meetings
- June 16, 2023 : Allagash Wilderness Waterway Advisory Council Meeting
- December 15, 2023 : Allagash Wilderness Waterway Advisory Council Meeting