- Stay Informed with Safety Updates.
Geocaching Challenge – there is more fun for everyone at Maine State Parks!
Discover 8 geocaches as you explore Maine’s spectacular State Parks and Historic Sites during the summer season*. From historic forts to our deepest wilderness, the Maine State Parks GeoTour offers something for everyone! *Note: Caches are taken in during the off/winter season for refurbishing.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Create your login with geocaching.com from any of the Park links listed below.
- Download the GPS coordinates for each location to your GPS unit or mobile device. (Use the link for each park below.)
- Using the coordinates, find as many Maine State Parks geocaches (during the summer season during normal park hours of 9 a.m. to sunset) as you can! The hidden, water-tight containers will be clearly marked as official Maine State Parks Geocaches.
Hint: caches are only located at the following Maine State Parks:
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway (207) 941-4014 Allagash Conditions & Alerts
- Aroostook State Park (207) 768-8341 Aroostook Trail Conditions
- Cobscook Bay State Park (207) 726-4412 Cobscook Trail Conditions
- Colburn House State Historic Site (207) 624-6080
- Colonial Pemaquid State Historic Site (207) 677-2423
- Mount Blue State Park (207) 585-2261 Mount Blue Trail Conditions
- Vaughan Woods Memorial State Park (207) 384-5160
- Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Park (207) 865-4465 Wolfe's Neck Woods Trail Conditions
- Sign the logbook inside each container, and for added fun -
- Stamp your Maine State Park Passport with the unique stamp from that park’s geocache. Passports are available for $1. Ask a park ranger how to get one on your next park visit.