Aroostook State Park Conditions & Activities
Trail Overview & Winter Activities Listing
Located near the city of Presque Isle, the Park offers excellent maintained trails for classical cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. The trail system has a warming hut, away from the parking lot, allowing the users a chance to rest and meet new friends next to the fire.
- Groomed 15 mile ski trail system offers a wide variety of skiing for all skill levels.
- Grooved double set track weave through distinctive Aroostook County forest and farm land areas, allowing visitors a chance to explore all the Park's winter beauty.
- A warming hut is located at the intersection of the Maze and Red Pine Trails.
- Packed 6 mile snowshoe trail offers a vigorous trek to the top of Quaggy Jo Mountain.
- A flagged 1/2-mile snowshoe spur trail has been added to the warming hut on the ski trail.
- For those young at heart, use the plastic sleds provided or bring your own, a sliding hill near the Park entrance is packed and ready for a quick run down memory lane.
- An ice skating rink is on the lake. It is generally open but conditions may vary after snow storms and warm temperatures.
- Winter camping is allowed, however contact the park staff prior to your visit to make arrangements (207) 768-8341.
- If you are looking for warmer accommodations check out visitAroostook.com for a list of local businesses.
- Current Weather
- Group Camping
- Winter Camping (PDF 369KB)
- Park Brochure ( 24x18 inches, PDF 2MB)
- Aroostook State Park Homepage
- Geocache Information
- Year at a Glance Event Calendar
- Take-it-Outside / Winter Family Fun Day
- Department-wide sortable event & meeting calendar
- Cross-country Skiing & Snowshoeing Map (PDF 191KB)
- Ice Out Dates Page
- Natural Heritage Hike Guide for the Park (PDF)
- Complete Listing of Natural Area Hikes
Aroostook State Park
87 State Park Road
Presque Isle, Maine 04769