Aroostook State Park Trail Activities
Trail Overview & Winter Activites Listing
Located near the city of Presque Isle, the Park offers excellent maintained trails for classical cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. The trail system has two warming huts, away from the parking lot, allowing the users a chance to rest and meet new friends next to the fire.
- Groomed 15 mile ski trail system offers a wide variety of skiing for all skill levels.
- Grooved double set track weave through distinctive Aroostook County forest and farm land areas, allowing visitors a chance to explore all the Park's winter beauty.
- Packed 6 mile snowshoe trail offers a vigorous trek to the top of Quaggy Jo Mountain.
- For those young at heart, use the plastic sleds provided or bring your own, a sliding hill near the Park entrance is packed and ready for a quick run down memory lane.
- An ice skating rink is on the lake. It is generally open but conditions may vary after snow storms and warm temperatures.
- Winter camping is allowed, but if you are looking for warmer accommodations check out visitAroostook.com for a list of local businesses.