Parks & Historic Sites: Days & Hours
All parks are currently open seven days per week for the summer season.
- Parks and historic sites open their gates, at the latest, by 9:00 a.m. and close by sunset unless otherwise signed on the park gate. Please note that museums, buildings, and other facilities may close earlier than the park grounds.
- Exception: Eagle Island is open 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Colburn House is open by special event only.
- Questions: Please call the park or historic site directly.
Loon Plate Appreciation Weekend
Saturday, July 12 & Sunday, July 13
All vehicles bearing the Maine Loon Conservation License Plates are allowed free entrance to Maine state parks and historic sites. Open admission does not apply to the Allagash Wilderness Waterway, Baxter State Park, Peacock Beach, the Maine Wildlife Park, Scarborough Beach State Park, or the Penobscot Narrows Observatory in Prospect, though admission to Fort Knox State Historic Site will be free.
Allagash Wilderness Waterway Videos
- An introduction and eight topic sections are available.
- Watch in whole or in part by selecting the topic of your choice. (Total viewing time is 71 minutes.)