Parks & Historic Sites: Days & Hours
Parks may be visited year-round, from 9:00 a.m. to sunset daily unless otherwise posted.
- For current status: Please call the park or historic site directly.
- Park Amenities, such as water, restrooms and buildings, are shut down for the winter season as dictated by weather. Primitive toilets may be available at some locations.
• Parking - Most park and historic sites are not plowed during the winter due to seasonal staffing. A few parks are only plowed when the manager is on duty.
- Mini Guide (PDF 112KB) that includes approximate season dates, activities and facilities for each park, historic site, and activity list for public lands.
- Fees are collected at the booth by staff or through self-service stations.
Campground Reservations office closes for the season on 9/5/2014 at 4:00 PM.
- Beginning Monday, Sept. 8, 2014 all Maine State Park campground campsites are first-come/first-served.
- Off-season rates and campground maps.
Let’s Go! 5-2-1-0
- Features free park day pass give-away again this year through select doctor’s offices throughout Maine.
- For complete details and a list of participating doctor’s offices visit www.letsgo.org
- Want a whole year of Fun & Fitness? Purchase an annual park pass online now.
Allagash Wilderness Waterway Videos
- An introduction and eight topic sections are available.
- Watch in whole or in part by selecting the topic of your choice. (Total viewing time is 71 minutes.)