Trail Conditions - Mount Blue State Park
|March 14, 2014 | After over a foot of snow the ski trails have been groomed with a fresh track and are in excellent condition. Warmer temperatures this weekend should make for some great Spring skiing. The ice rink is still open and sliding is good on Center Hill. Snowshoeing should provide a healthy workout with all that new snow.|
Trail Overview & Winter Activities Listing
Located in the mountainous region of western Maine off Route 156 in Weld, Mount Blue offers extensive trails and winter recreation opportunities, including winter camping, miles of snowshoe trails, groomed and ungroomed cross-country ski trails, and snowmobile trails, as well as an ice skating rink, sliding hill, and warming hut on Center Hill.
- Groomed and ungroomed trails provided.
- Fifteen miles of ski trails, some with set track range in length from 1/2 mile to 10 miles.
- A trail extends from the headquarters on Center Hill Road to the summit of Center Hill and offers one side trail to the northwest and one short spur from the Center Hill summit to the unimproved section of Center Hill Road.
- A sliding hill is located on Center Hill for the young at heart of all ages.
- An ice rink is located at the Ranger Station on Center Hill Road. It offers exquisite views and is located next to a warming hut and parking with access to snowshoe, cross-country ski, and snowmobile trails.
- Call the park, (207) 585-2261, for details.