Bass Fishing Tournaments
MDIFW has resumed the issuance of bass tournament and fishing derby permits, which were temporarily suspended due to public health concerns related to the pandemic. Fishing Derbies and Bass Tournaments must comply with current guidelines for COVID‐19 which can be found here: MDIFW UPDATES RELATED TO COVID-19
This guidance may be updated periodically and should be reviewed prior to scheduled events to ensure compliance. Areas of particular consideration include social distancing, wearing protective face coverings, using appropriate hand hygiene, limiting the size of gatherings, and adhering to self‐isolation (quarantine) requirements for nonresident anglers visiting and residents returning to Maine.
Please be sure to contact the bass club representative to verify details of a tournament, or if you have questions.
Aquatic Plant and Live-well Inspection Training for Bass Clubs
Since 2020, all bass clubs have been required to participate in standardized training on aquatic plant and live-well inspection, and all tournament related inspections must be performed by individuals that have received this training.
All clubs will need to provide documentation along with their 2021 affidavit that at least two members have participated in an aquatic plant and live-well inspection training program endorsed by the Maine Department of Environmental Protection (MDEP) within the last five years.
These changes will standardize tournament inspections, and will reinforce the commitment MDIFW and the clubs have made to be good stewards and set a higher standard that reflects positively on our respective organizations.
Bass Fishing Tournament Information
- Assigned Club Numbers for Drawing (PDF)
- 2021 Bass Tournament Drawing Packet (PDF)
- 2021 Affidavit for Bass Tournament (PDF)
- 2021 Fishing Tournament Boat Inspection Form (PDF)
- One-Day Bass Tournament Application (PDF)
- Multi-Day Bass Tournament Application (PDF)
- One-Day Bass Tournament Application on Maine and New Hampshire Border Waters (PDF)
- One-Day Bass Tournament Application for Penobscot River, Milford Dam to Weldon Dam Only (PDF)
- 2021 Bass Tournament Date Change Request Form (PDF)