Careers and Seasonal Jobs
Ever dream of working outdoors in a beautiful setting during the summer? Maine State Parks and Public Lands announce seasonal positions every winter to staff our Parks, Historic Sites, and Public Lands. Get started now by reading and viewing the:
- Lifeguard brochure
- Lifeguard video
- Seasonal Employment brochure
- Learn how following your passion can become a career with Maine State Parks. View the video below of Haylee Parsons, Manager, Lamoine State Park.
- Applications and Job Descriptions for jobs at Parks, Historic Sites, and Maine's Public Lands.
- All opportunities within the Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry.
Become a Maine State Park Lifeguard
The Maine State Park lifeguard team is searching for qualified individuals with aquatic experience (swimming, surfing) and a strong public safety aptitude (leadership, coaching, mentoring) who have their lifesaving, CPR and First Aid certifications** to join us this summer. Our lifeguards take great pride in protecting beach-goers and themselves. Learn more about becoming a Maine State Park lifeguard below.
**Get your Lifesaving, CPR & First Aid certifications now!
- Training Resources include the Red Cross , YMCA , U-Maine , and local colleges and schools.
- Read the Lifeguard brochure (PDF 339KB).
- Watch the lifeguard video below.
To read the PDFs, you will need a copy of the free Adobe Reader software.
Applications & Job Descriptions:
These vacancies are currently open for recruitment. Please click on the 'apply now' button you are interested in for the full posting and how to apply.