Aroostook State Park Conditions & Activities
Location: Off U.S. Route 1 south of Presque Isle on Echo Lake. Lat 46.615453 / Lon -68.008184
Park Hours: Open all year; 9:00 a.m. to sunset daily unless otherwise posted at the gate. Visitors may continue to enjoy the park during the off season by parking outside the gate, - without blocking it - on the days it is closed, and walking in during these same hours. Please be aware that facilities are closed during the off season.
Fee collected year-round at entry booth by staff or self-service station. Cash or check only, no credit cards accepted.
Winter Activites Listing
Aroostook State Park offers excellent maintained trails for classical cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. The trail system has a warming hut, away from the parking lot, allowing the users a chance to rest and meet new friends next to the fire.
- Groomed 15 mile ski trail system offers a wide variety of skiing for all skill levels.
- Grooved double set track weave through distinctive Aroostook County forest and farm land areas, allowing visitors a chance to explore all the Park's winter beauty.
- A warming hut is located at the intersection of the Maze and Red Pine Trails.
- Packed 6 mile snowshoe trail offers a vigorous trek to the top of Quaggy Jo Mountain.
- A flagged 1/2-mile snowshoe spur trail has been added to the warming hut on the ski trail.
- For those young at heart, use the plastic sleds provided or bring your own, a sliding hill near the Park entrance is packed and ready for a quick run down memory lane.
- An ice skating rink is on the lake. It is generally open but conditions may vary after snow storms and warm temperatures.
- Winter camping is allowed, however contact the park staff prior to your visit to make arrangements (207) 768-8341.
- If you are looking for warmer accommodations check out visitAroostook.com for a list of local businesses.
- Current Weather
- Campground Map
- Group Camping
- Winter Camping (PDF 369KB)
- Park Brochure ( 24x18 inches, PDF 2MB)
- Aroostook State Park Homepage
- Geocache Information
- Year at a Glance Event Calendar
- Take-it-Outside / Winter Family Fun Day
- Bureau of Parks & Lands sortable event calendar
- Department-wide sortable event & meeting calendar
- Cross-country Skiing & Snowshoeing Map (PDF 191KB)
- Ice Out Dates Page
- Geology of the Park
- Geologic Facts and Localities throughout Maine
- Natural Heritage Hike Guide for the Park (PDF)
- Complete Listing of Natural Area Hikes
Aroostook State Park
87 State Park Road
Presque Isle, Maine 04769
Off U.S. Route 1 south of Presque Isle on Echo Lake.
Lat 46.615453 / Lon -68.008184