03/29/2021-04/04/2021 Tr. B Weekly Report
April 6, 2021
Sara M Parsons
· On 04/03/21 Troopers from section 1 set up a move over detail on Route 4 in Auburn. Winn’s Towing brought out a wrecker loaded with a vehicle and parked it on the shoulder. From the hours of 1800-2000 there were 19 stops, 17 warnings and 2 tickets. The vast majority of the traffic obeyed the move over law. Many of the stops served as a good opportunity to remind and educate the public. We were also assisted by Androscoggin SO. April 3rd is a day Trooper’s and Law Enforcement across the State will never forget. This detail was focused on making the roadways a safer place for Public Safety workers. RIP Detective Campbell.
· On 04/02/21 Tr. Watson stopped a vehicle on Rt 26 in Poland with no inspection sticker and a loud exhaust. The operator, Eric Pepin (21) was on bail and suspended from a prior OUI. Pepin also had empty alcohol containers inside the vehicle. Pepin was charged for both offenses and issued a notice to submit fingerprints within five days for Violating his Conditions of Release. making a bad pass on Middle Rd in Sabattus. The registration was suspended out of Connecticut and it was determined the plates belonged to the previous owner. The operator, Caleb Anderson (18) was not charged for the suspension as he had just purchased the vehicle the day before. The vehicle was towed off. Anderson was issued a VSAC for the not having insurance on the vehicle.
· On 4/4/21 Cpl. Russell stopped a vehicle on route 26 in Woodstock for an expired registration. The operator, Amy Boutilier was suspended and on bail for a prior drug possession. A search was completed and suspected Heroin/Fentanyl along with numerous items of drug paraphernalia were located in the vehicle. Boutilier was summonsed for operating after suspensions, VCR and additional charges for drug possession will follow after further analysis. Tr. Pyburn and Tr. Wing assisted with the investigation.
· On 4/4/21 Cpl. Russell stopped a vehicle on route 26 in West Paris for speed. The operator held a suspended Texas Driver’s license and was summonsed for operating without a license.
· On 03/31/21 Tr. Knight responded to King St in Hiram for a report of VCR. Cindy Hall (40) had Facebook messaged a male who she had conditions not to have contact with. Cindy was arrested twice the day before by Cpl. Hink for incidents involving both parties. Tr. Knight located Cindy later that evening and arrested her for felony VCR.
· On 04/03/21 Tr. Lemieux was traveling south on I-295 in Falmouth. He noted a Dodge Avenger traveling in front of him. The vehicle had multiple defects and was swerving in and out of lane two. Tr. Lemieux conducted a motor vehicle stop and identified the driver as Lee Wilson. WILSON provided an Oregon identification card. LEE license in Maine was suspended and he only had an identification card in Oregon. LEE was on probation for Unlawful Possession of Scheduled Drugs. He also had a non-extraditable warrant out of Washington for robbery. LEE probation officer was contacted. A search of LEE person and vehicle did not locate anything worth note. The vehicle was towed, and LEE was issued a USAC for OAS.
· On 03/31/21 Tr. Watson stopped a vehicle with no front plate on Rt 122 in Poland. The registration came back suspended. The operator was charged accordingly.
· On 04/01/21 Tr. Watson stopped a vehicle making a bad pass on Middle Rd in Sabattus. The registration was suspended out of Connecticut and it was determined the plates belonged to the previous owner. The operator, Caleb Anderson (18) was not charged for the suspension as he had just purchased the vehicle the day before. The vehicle was towed off. Anderson was issued a VSAC for not having insurance on the vehicle.