Moose Point State Park Conditions & Activities
Location: On U.S. Route 1 between Belfast and Searsport near Stockton Springs.
Lat 44.435394 / Lon -68.944932
Park Hours: Open Memorial Day to Oct. 1st; 9:00 a.m. to sunset daily unless otherwise posted at the gate. Visitors may continue to enjoy the park during the off season by parking outside the gate, without blocking it, on the days it is closed, and walking in during these same hours. Please be aware that facilities are closed during the off season.
Fee collected year-round at entry booth by staff or self-service station.
Moose Point State Park provides a refuge from busy Route 1 for a cook-out or picnic. Relax in an evergreen grove, explore tidal pools, take a walk on the park's trails, or just enjoy the Penobscot Bay panorama. Moose point features a group shelter and gazebo which is perfect for family functions and weddings. Call the park for reservation fee and information.
- Group Picnic Shelter and gazebo is available by reservation.
- Picnic tables and grills are located near the beach, all with views of the water.
- The playground in centrally located in the picnic area
- Big Spruce Trail (0.5 miles, easy) provides wonderful views of Penobscot Bay as it meanders the forest edge. Several benches along the trail provide spots to rest and take in the view. The Big Spruce and the bench at Moose Point are points of interest. A short or long loop-hike may be made by combining this trail with the Moose Trail.
Trail Access: Begins at the south east corner of the main parking lot.
- Meadow Trail (0.2 miles, easy) extends through meadow to the shore and stairs to the water's edge near the gazebo. Trail Access: Begins near the park entry gate.
- Moose Trail (0.5 miles, easy) loops through the forest on west side of the park, crossing several footbridges along the way. It connects to the Big Spruce Trail at its southern most point, where it also truns eastward through the woods and connects to the service pathway near the restrooms and southeast corner of the main parking lot. Trail Access: Near the west side of the park entry gate.