Aroostook Hills Region - Management Plan
The links below relate to the management plan for the 2009 Aroostook Hills Region Public Reserved Lands in Aroostook and Penobscot Counties. The plan guides the management activities of the Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry, Bureau of Parks and Public Lands on public lands at Scopan (formerly Squapan); Scraggly Lake; and 11 small lots in the Towns of Hammond and Sheridan, in Moro, Nashville, and Oxbow Plantations, and in Townships T9 R5, T12 R8, and T13 R5.
To read these files, you will need a copy of the free Adobe Reader software.
Plan Update and Review:
The Bureau of Parks and Lands has completed the second five-Year Review of the 2009 Aroostook Hills Region Management Plan covering the period from August 2014 through August 2019. The Integrated Resource Policy (IRP) requires that the Bureau, at five year intervals, report to the Advisory Committee on accomplishments and changing conditions that may warrant amendments to the plan.
The Five-Year Review is prepared in a table format. It is linked below as a PDF under Management Plan Review Documents. It:
- Lists plan recommendations (left column), and
- Actions taken to implement each recommendation (right column), and
- Identifies, from the Bureau's perspective, any issues any new issues or circumstances that were not addressed in the plan that may warrant Committee discussion or action (at end of table).
The Five-Year Review table was sent to Advisory Committee Members on September 20, 2019.
The Bureau identified no new issues that were not addressed in the plan or that warranted Committee input.
The Bureau asked AC members for comments on the review table and to identify any new issues or circumstances that they believe may require Committee input or action. Written comments were accepted for three weeks following the email distribution of the review materials. One comment was received on the report. A Final Report on the Five-Year Review, summarizing the review process and the Bureau’s response to comment was sent to the Advisory Committee on October 28, 2019.
Management Plan Documents:
- Aroostook Hills Region Management Plan - August 2009- PDF (6.5 MB)
- Aroostook Hills Region Map - PDF (2.5MB)
Plan is available in smaller files:
- Final Plan (Introduction, Executive Summary, Planning Context sections only) - PDF (750KB)
- Final Plan (Scopan Unit section only - formerly Squapan) - PDF (1.4MB)
- Final Plan (Scraggly Lake section only) - PDF (1.5MB)
- Final Plan (Small Lots and Appendices only) - PDF (2.8MB)
For more information:
Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
22 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333