Whether you are a seasoned camper or first-timer you will enjoy the Family Camping experience at a Maine State Park campground. Many families make our parks their summer tradition. Join us!
Things to know:
- Family Camping sites are for one family1 or groups of 6 or fewer people.
- ¹ A family is defined as parents and all their unmarried children age 18 years and younger.
- When you make an online reservation you can search for sites that will fit your RV or tent and among all the amenities we offer.
- Each Family Campsite has a picnic table and grill.
- State Park campgrounds are for the exclusive use of registered campers and their invited guests only.
- Larger families and groups may make reservations at our Group campsites.
- Pets are allowed at all campgrounds except Sebago Lake State Park Campground; they must be kept on a leash under the physical control of the handler and must not be left unattended. Pet waste must be picked up immediately and disposed of properly.
- Educational and recreational programs are offered at many of our Family Campgrounds and include special evening and campfire sessions. Call the park to get a copy of their schedule.
- For the events open to both campers and day visitors visit our searchable calendar of events.
- Playgrounds are available at many of the parks. Use our Park Search feature to learn more about the parks and view the amenities each offers.
- If you and your family are seasoned campers you may want to try a backcountry camping experience on the Public Reserved Lands.
- Accessible sites are offered at mainland Family Campgrounds. For specific details contact the park in advance.