- Stay Informed with Safety Updates.
Geocaching Challenge – there is more fun for everyone at Maine State Parks!
Discover 8 geocaches as you explore Maine’s spectacular State Parks and Historic Sites during the summer season. From historic forts to our deepest wilderness, the Maine State Parks GeoTour offers something for everyone!
HOW TO PLAY:
- Create your login with geocaching.com from any of the Park links listed below.
- Download the GPS coordinates for each location to your GPS unit or mobile device. (Use the link for each park below.)
- Using the coordinates, find as many Maine State Parks geocaches (during normal park hours of 9 a.m. to sunset) as you can! The hidden, water-tight containers will be clearly marked as official Maine State Parks Geocaches.
Hint: caches are only located at the following Maine State Parks:
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway (207) 941-4014 Allagash Conditions & Alerts
- Aroostook State Park (207) 768-8341 Aroostook Trail Conditions
- Cobscook Bay State Park (207) 726-4412 Cobscook Trail Conditions
- Colburn House State Historic Site (207) 624-6080
- Colonial Pemaquid State Historic Site (207) 677-2423
- Mount Blue State Park (207) 585-2261 Mount Blue Trail Conditions
- Vaughan Woods Memorial State Park (207) 384-5160
- Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Park (207) 865-4465 Wolfe's Neck Woods Trail Conditions
- Sign the logbook inside each container, and for added fun -
- Stamp your Maine State Park Passport with the unique stamp from that park’s geocache. Passports are available for $1. Ask a park ranger how to get one on your next park visit. NOTE - Passport Program is currently suspended.