Silvicultural Advisory Committee
- In 1986 as part of implementation of the 1985 Integrated Resource Policy
The Advisory Committee includes members with expertise and long experience in:
- Timber Management
- Environmental issues
Meets annually for a two-day field trip designed to:
- Examine recent and older silvicultural activities conducted by the Bureau
- At areas where current conditions make uncertain the best course of management
- Or where field staff is proposing a departure from more common silvicultural practices.
- Serve as training for Bureau field staff, and as expert review of our timber management program, implementation, and results.
Infrequently provides expert opinion when Bureau silviculture, proposed or completed, has raised controversy among some stakeholders.
|Sidney Balch||Forester with long experience, mostly in western Maine with industry and with New England Forestry Foundation, now semi-retired but active in forestry.|
|Malcolm Hunter, Jr.||Libra Professor of Conservation Biology, University of Maine|
|Laura Kenefic||Research Forester, USDA Forest Service Northern Research Station|
|Nick Baser||Forester, Seven Islands Land Company|
|James Runyan||Forester with long experience in Downeast Maine, mainly with forest industry in wood procurement, now semi-retired but active in forestry.|
|Robert Seymour||Curtis Hutchins Professor Emeritus of Forest Resources, University of Maine|
Calendar of Events
|Date and Time||Headline||Location||Additional Information|
If you cannot open the PDF file below get the free Adobe Reader software.
For more information contact:
Tom Charles, Chief of Silviculture
Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
22 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04330