DACF Home → Bureaus & Programs → Bureau of Parks and Lands → Boating Opportunities
Maine's 2,500 lakes and ponds, 5,500-mile coastline and 2,000 coastal islands make it a favorite destination for motor boating and sailing. Here you will find information about boat ramp locations and facilities, ice out dates, and related links to help you plan your visit.
Find opportunities on Maine's State Parks and Public Lands with our Find Parks and Lands Search Feature.
Public Boat Launches - Searchable Table.
Related Quick Links
- Boat registration and regulations - Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
- Ocean boating regulations - Maine Department of Marine Resources
- Boating Safety - United States Coast Guard
- Maine Island Trail - Americas first water trail, the Maine Island Trail is a water trail spanning wild islands and coastal sites along the entire Maine coast. Of the nearly 200 islands along the trail, over 40 are owned by the Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands. For more information contact the Maine Island Trail Association (MITA).
- Maine Office of Tourism boating and sailing page