Mount Blue State Park Conditions & Activities
- December 10, 2023 : Winter Exploration - Junior Ranger Drop-in Program at Mount Blue State Park
- January 1, 2024 : First Day Hike at Mount Blue State Park
Trail Overview & Winter Activities Listing
Located in the mountainous region of western Maine off Route 156 in Weld, Mount Blue offers extensive trails and winter recreation opportunities, including winter camping, miles of snowshoe trails, groomed and ungroomed cross-country ski trails, and snowmobile trails, as well as an ice skating rink, sliding hill, and warming hut on Center Hill.
Camping & Picnicking
- Family Camping / Reservations Information
- Mount Blue Campground Map (PDF 483KB)
- Campsite photos on Google Earth
- To view the campsites you will need to install the free Google Earth on your computer.
- NOTE: No Camping on Tumbledown Public Land.
- Call the park, (207) 585-2261, for details.
- Group Picnic Shelter available by reservation.
- Picnic tables are located near the beach and playground.
- Groomed and ungroomed trails provided.
- Fifteen miles of ski trails, some with set track range in length from 1/2 mile to 10 miles.
- Center Hill Trail winds its way between the Center Hill picnic area and the parking area at park headquarters with a side trail to the top of Center Hill. Approximately 1.5 miles one-way. Strenuous. Plan on three hours round-trip.
- Rock Trail branches off the Center Hill Trail toward the north-west and ends at a rocky overlook. Approximately 1.5 miles one-way. Strenuous. Plan on three hours round-trip.
- A sliding hill is located on Center Hill for the young at heart of all ages.
- An ice rink is located at the Ranger Station on Center Hill Road. It offers exquisite views and is located next to a warming hut and parking with access to snowshoe, cross-country ski, and snowmobile trails.