See the most recent updates from Maine Department of Education Commissioner Pender Makin.
- 07/31/20 MEDIA RELEASE: Mills Administration Releases Guidance to Assist Schools with Fall Plans
- 07/29/20 Commissioner's Update
- 07/24/20 Personal Protective Equipment Ordering and additional Safety Guidelines
- 07/17/20 Framework for Returning to Classroom Instruction
- 07/15/20 UPDATE on PPE; Initial information: 07/02/20 PPE procurement for SAUs
- 06/11/20 DRAFT of Return to Classroom Instruction Framework
- 06/05/20 Executive Order #56: School Budgets
- 06/04/20 Pre-K/Kindergarten Screening Guidance
- Public Briefing - 6/2/2020
- 5/29/20 Updated Guidance regarding Graduation Ceremonies
- 5/19/20 Summer Programming Guidance for Schools
- 5/04/20 Pending Guidance for Decision Making: graduation, summer, fall 2020.
- 4/27/20 Unified Recommendations re: End of Year and Staffing.
- 4/22/20 Unified Guidance Regarding Grading During Emergency Remote Learning
- 4/9/20-Further Information regarding remainder of 19-20 school year.
- 4/7/20- Update from Commissioner Makin-Recommendations for Remainder of 19-20 School Year
- 4-2-20 Guidance from DOE/CDC for essential workers in schools
- 4-1-20 Update from Commissioner Makin
- 3-27-20 Update from Commissioner Makin - Waivers, Resources, Essential Staff
- 3-25-20 Update from Commissioner Makin - Accountability, Certification, Special Services
Maine DOE is providing virtual office hours to support educators and administrators.
Check out what a few of our Teacher Leaders are doing across the state to enhance Remote Learning in Maine.
- School Reopening Guidelines Listing by State as of 06-16-2020
- Submit Approval of Remote Learning Plans Here
- Contact Maine School Safety Center
- Self care for school staff - Participate in Brain Centered virtual Sessions at 8:30 am and 3:30 pm each day.
MAINE 211 - Free, confidential information and referral services related to COVID-19 - Visit Maine 211
- Remote Learning Plan Guidance
- Continuity of Learning Resources
- FERPA Resources
- Remote Learning Resources Primary Grades / Remote Learning Resources Upper Elementary Grades - Credit: Maine Curriculum Leaders Association
- Career & Technical Education Resource Page
- Learning and Technology Resource Page
- Spotlight on Teachers Leading - Remote Learning
We recognize that not all students in Maine have access to the internet and we are working swiftly to address this. Some companies are offering free internet access options for a limited time to help promote connectivity for remote learning. Nationally, many internet companies have signed the Keep Americans Connected Pledge which allows for flexibility and payment waivers, as well as free access to broadband services for a limited time.
Administrator/ School Board Toolbox
- Expanded Authority of Reserve Funds (Posted 4/8/20)
- Guidance on the Use of Federal Funds During COVID-19 School Closures (posted 3/18/20)
- Reminders for School Communities Regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus
- Model Letters for Community or Staff
Family Resources for Supporting Students
Pandemic Planning & Safety
- Now is the time to review and update School Emergency Operations
- Get Your School Ready for a Pandemic Event Resource Guide (PDF)
- Contact the Maine School Safety and Security Center for assistance:
More COVID-19 Info & Resources
Visit the following web pages that have been developed to provide up-to-date information on COVID-19: