- SAU leadership and adult education directors meet to develop and/or adapt local guidance to ensure that it is appropriate for adult educators, learners, and staff.
- Priority of services plans should be created to enable remote and classroom-based options for adults who need to complete their high school equivalency, job training, and college transition programs.
- Integrate Maine Governor’s strategies, as well as DECD, CDC, and OSHA guidance for businesses, into district guidance to enable job training programs to continue. (For example, health care certification programs implement guidance for health care facilities.)
Career and Technical Education
- Create a plan to sanitize any hand tools that may have to be shared between students.
- Create a plan to address the public accessing the building such as daycares in Early Childcare Education programs as well as cafes in Culinary Arts.
- Create a plan to sanitize all areas between sessions in the middle of the day.
- Look for opportunities to utilize larger spaces, such as lab areas for classroom instruction.
Child Nutrition Programs
- Trained staff should teach and monitor all sanitation procedures while increasing the frequency of cleaning, maintenance of all sanitation charts, and review of HACAP with staff.
- Maintain all CDC standards for food service, masks/face shields, distance, hygiene
- Investigate alternative dining locations within the school or school grounds.
- Consider how meals will be offered to students not in attendance or half days.
- Improve ventilation by running exhaust fans more than normal in the kitchen.
- Remove self-serve ability (bars, milk coolers, and extras)
School Health Office
- Have a plan to decrease traffic to the school health office in order to prevent office congregation and possible exposure of healthy students to a symptomatic one.
- Create a process for triage and monitoring of symptomatic students and supervised isolation while waiting for dismissal.
- Create a standardized protocol for decision making in regards to ill students and staff. Communicate the protocol and consistently follow it.
- Clarify for all staff the role of the school nurse in the care and/or assessment of symptomatic adults in the building.
- School bus contractors collaborate with SAUs to adopt cleaning and disinfecting protocols, referencing use of products with valid label claims against human coronavirus and product label instructions, that will be used when each run is complete for all school buses and school transportation vehicles.
- Adopt local implementation procedures for transportation staff and students who ride the school bus to wear a cloth face covering and accommodate students with special or medical needs that may not be able to wear a cloth face covering.
- Work with local special education and McKinney-Vento staff and student families to develop a COVID-19 transportation protocol for each special needs and homeless student.