Read about our February 15th webinar on Electric School Bus Charging and the latest on EPA funding in Maine
Maine Department of Education Transportation Department
For approximately 80 percent of Maine students, the school day begins and ends on the school bus. It is a place that sets the stage for daily learning as well as a place where safety is the first priority. For parents, it is about deciding how their child will travel to and from school. For students, it is a place to cultivate friendships and prepare for the school day.
Today’s school buses include technological advancements that have made them safer, more fuel efficient, more durable, and more environmentally friendly.
Maine Department of Education school transportation provides information to schools and works with the Legislature to ensure safe and efficient transportation for school children. At the Department, school transportation deals with policy, operations, programs, and training to track data and report trends in school transportation.
- Provide school transportation safety and security information for schools
- Establish practices for efficient school transportation operations
- Develop procedures and regulations to ensure a safe transportation system
- Direct state transportation programs
- Track and report transportation data