- Annual Report for School Transportation Safety, Training, and Personnel (ED545) are posted on the NEO Data System Dashboard.
- Annual Report for School Transportation Expenditures and School Bus Inventory (ED 546) are posted on the NEO Data System Dashboard
Maine School Bus Purchase Program
The purpose of the Maine School Bus Purchase Program is to achieve the most equitable distribution of limited dollars to maintain a modern safe fleet of school buses and respond to emergency special bus needs. An overview of the School Bus Purchase Program includes the following charts:
- History of district applications and state approvals
- History of dollars available vs requested
- History of age range of approved school buses
- History of average miles when a school bus is retired
- History of program budget
- American Society of Civil Engineers Report Card with America’s infrastructure scores and State infrastructure facts. These national and state reports include transportation information.
- Maine Commercial Driver License Manual. Includes school bus driver’s section.
- Maine Motor Vehicle Inspection Manual. Includes school bus section.
- National School Transportation Specifications & Procedures adopted by the 17th National Congress on School Transportation. This national standard is the best practice for areas not addressed by law or rule. The 2015 copy is current.