The people of Maine are lifelong learners served by an innovative, equitable, and learner-centered public education system that supports students – early childhood throughout adulthood - in achieving healthy, successful, and fulfilling lives that allow them to shape the future.
To promote the best learning opportunities for all Maine students by providing information, guidance, and support to our schools, educators, and leaders and by providing adequate and equitable school funding and resources.
Strategic Priorities: 2019-2021
- Inspire TRUST in our organization, and in our public education system
- Develop, support, and sustain a robust EDUCATOR WORKFORCE
- Promote EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE and EQUITY for all Maine learners
- Ensure STUDENT and SCHOOL SAFETY, HEALTH, and WELLBEING
- Support a CULTURE of INNOVATION and CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT, led by all of the experts in the field
- Build a healthy and collaborative work environment, enhancing the human capital and potential of the Maine DOE