Maine’s schools are hubs of innovative teaching and learning that support, engage, and prepare all students to thrive. By exploring multiple pathways and real-life, project-based experiences that spark an interest and curiosity in the world around them, Maine’s students are developing the critical thinking, problem solving, and relationship building skills they need to succeed in work, college, life, and as citizens of our great state. Maine’s schools foster a safe and welcoming environment that supports the wellbeing of all students so that they are ready to learn. Through partnerships with community, whether it is with parents, career exploration with Maine businesses, or organizations that engage students in learning through the great outdoors, our schools allow students to participate in all of the advantages and opportunities unique to Maine. The Maine Department of Education supports a culture of innovation, excellence, and equity to ensure a bright future for all students. .
To promote the best learning opportunities for all Maine students by providing information, guidance, and support to our schools, educators, and leaders and by providing adequate and equitable school funding and resources.
- Inspire TRUST in our organization, and in our public education system
- Develop, support, and sustain a robust EDUCATOR WORKFORCE
- Promote EDUCATION, EXCELLENCE, and EQUITY for all Maine learners
- Ensure STUDENT and SCHOOL SAFETY, HEALTH, and WELLBEING
- Support a CULTURE OF INNOVATION and CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Build a healthy and collaborative work environment, strengthening the potential of the Maine DOE and its staff.