Registration is OPEN!
Maine School Safety Summit June 21-23, 2022
Top 10 Recommended Actions for Emergencies
Emergencies can happen at any time. Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) School Safety Working Group has just released its latest recommendations on school safety. While we can never be completely safe or immune, here are the top ten recommended actions that you can take today that will improve your chances to prevent and handle them effectively.
- Comprehensive School Safety Assessment
- School Climate
- Campus, Building, and Classroom Security
- Anonymous Reporting Systems
- Coordination with First Responders
- Behavioral Threat Assessment and Management Team
- School-Based Law Enforcement
- Mental Health Resources
- Social Media Monitoring