To use the NOI program, SFAs must set up a user account online with either Processor Link or K12 Food Services. Once an account is set up, SFAs can track orders, allotment balances and verify sales of purchases.
Why Should My District Participate in the NOI Program?
The NOI program allows districts to:
- Purchase weekly instead of one big monthly delivery
- Purchase products on months commodities are not available
- Ensure that PAL is utilized
- Consistently have product when commodity dollars run out
- Have a wider selection of products
- Pick a distributor of your choice
The NOI program does not penalize districts for using or not using NOI products.
Raw Products and Proposed Manufactures for NOI
- Cheese: Gilardi, Land of Lakes, Schwans,Tasty Brands, Tyson
- Chicken: GoldKist - Pilgrams Pride, Rich Chicks, Tyson
- Eggs: Cargill Kitchen Solutions
- Fish: Trident
- Potato: Basic American - white, McCain - white and sweet
- Flour: Richs
- Peanut Butter: JM Smuckers
- Apples: National Food Group
- Tomatoes: Red Gold
There are several items that a manufacturer produces from commodity product. Not all items are carried by all distributors, ask your sales rep for their NOI catalog.
The following food manufacturers are supported through Processor Link:
- Cargill Kitchen Solutions
- Land O Lakes
- National Food Group
- Pilgrim's Pride
- Tasty Brands
- Rich Chicks
- Rich's Flour
K12 Food Service
The following food manufacturers are supported through K12 Food Service:
- Basic American
- ConAgra Gilardi
- JM Smuckers
- Red Gold
- Tyson Foods
For more information or questions about NOI please contact a Child Nutrition staff member.