Web-Based Meal Benefit Application
LD 701 was signed into law and directs the Maine Department of Education to make an online meal benefit application available at no cost to Maine Districts by October 1, 2019.
We have partnered with Nutri-Link Technologies, Inc, to provide this service, Nutri-Cloud, through school year 2021. There is no cost to the district to implement. Nutri-Cloud allows parents to go to a secure website, choose their school, and apply for meal benefits. The Approving Officer retrieves the application data and exports it in the way they need it. The Nutri-Link Team have available Webinars and a videos series to provide unlimited training and support. If you are interested in learning more, please email Sarah Platt with the Maine Department of Education, Child Nutrition at email@example.com and she will forward you contact information. No student information is shared with the Department.
School Food Service Reports including School Meals Program, Food Distribution and Summer Food
The law now requires every school district to review the direct certification list at least three times during the school year. The Department suggest at the beginning of each quarter. Direct certification is the FIRST method to approve a student's eligibility with no application or other documentation. When a student submits an application and is on the direct certification list, that application should be filed in a folder of direct certified students/families. Maine currently is below the national benchmark of directly certified students. A report of percent of students directly certified on the list is available on the web. This information is from data submitted by each district to DOE.
Free and Reduced Applications
SCHOOL YEAR 2020:
- Application for Free and Reduced Price School Meals SY 2020 docx
- Application for Free and Reduced Price School Meals SY 2020 pdf
- Letter to Parents for Free and Reduced Price School Meals SY 2020 docx
- Letter to Parents for Free and Reduced Price School Meals SY 2020 pdf
- Sample Letter to Families, Instructions for Completing the Application SY2020 docx
- Sample Letter to Families, Instructions for Completing the Application SY2020 pdf
- Application for Free Milk (Special Milk Program) docx
- Application for Free Milk (Special Milk Program) pdf
- Letter to Parents for Free Milk (Special Milk Program) docx
- Letter to Parents for Free Milk (Special Milk Program) pdf
- Direct Certification Notification Letter docx
- Eligibility Notification Letter docx
- SY20 Maine Eligibility Quick Guide
- Translated Applications (link to USDA)
- Federal Meal Reimbursement Rates and Eligibility Guidelines -Current and previous years reimbursement rates, eligibility guidelines, and USDA food rates as well as the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance.
Verification is a confirmation of a percent of eligibility for free and reduced price applications under the National School Lunch Program or Breakfast Program. It must include either confirmation of income eligibility or confirmation that the child is included in a currently certified food stamp household or TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) unit. At State or local discretion, it may also include confirmation of any other information on the application, which is required as a condition of eligibility.
- District SFA ID Codes
- FNS 742 Report - Schools
- General requirements
- Verification Collection Report Form; must be completed and submitted annually by Nov. 20
- Verification Notification and Tracking Forms (fillable forms)