The Health Education and Physical Education Specialists at the Maine Department of Education have compiled a collection of resources from national partners and Maine educators to share with the field to support teachers, parents and students with continuity of learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. The great news is that these resources will be valuable and useful for many years to come. Links to a plethora of resources can be found on the following web page, Continuity of Learning Resources for Physical Education.
Quality prekindergarten through diploma physical education provides students with the skills and knowledge needed to support lifetime participation in a variety of physical activities that contribute to an active lifestyle. Physical education provides building blocks for motor skill development and analysis, physical fitness, stress reduction, decision-making and positive social skills.
- Maine's Physical Education Standards The physical education standards and performance indicators for grades prekindergarten through 12 are included in the Maine Learning Results.
- National Physical Education Standards: SHAPE America's National Standards & Grade-Level Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education define what a student should know and be able to do as result of a highly effective physical education program.
- Physical Education Curriculum Analysis Tool
- Physical Education Report to legislature
- Maine Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America)
Health Education & Physical Education Consultant